VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VAMC Timelines for Pain Treatment

Rate this topic

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

@kanewnutIt varies on the type of referral. The window of treatment may vary as can if they grant a limited number of visits. 

My dependents use CHAMPVA and my parents have Tricare. Both can just get treatment when and where they want by showing a  card. With the VA, we have to beg to be approved for outside treatment. Should not be like that. We should have the same ability regardless of how far we live or how quickly the VA could schedule internally.

I certainly agree, but that would take all the fun out of it us and the VA. 

I got this in an email the other day. Though it talks about supply logistics, it seems to apply to all VA systems. They blow tons of money and we get screwed. 

https://www.va.gov/oig/pubs/statements/VAOIG-statement-20210324-missal.pdf 

VHA IT Systems and Supply Logistics
Since 2000, the OIG has also identified IT planning and implementation as a major management challenge given VA’s history of failed projects after significant IT investments. OIG audits in recent years have highlighted that IT systems’ development problems have persisted largely because of inadequate planning, fragmented governance, unrealistic timelines, and insufficient monitoring and controls. This has made IT projects, including those associated with supply management, susceptible to cost overruns, schedule slippages, performance problems, and in some cases, complete project failures. VA continues to face challenges in developing the IT systems it needs to support VA’s supply chain challenges. Inventory management is critical to knowing when to purchase, store, and distribute supplies—and then effectively track their use.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
4 hours ago, kanewnut said:

I certainly agree, but that would take all the fun out of it us and the VA. 

That has to be the best comment I have read in a while 😄

VA's failed IT upgrades is due to one reason in my humble opinion:  Corruption in VA. 

These contracts go to friends and family of well connected persons, not to people who can really accomplish the task.  

VA is a "honeypot" of cash for well connected contractors.  Taxpayer cash, meant for Veterans is squandered by the billions almost as bad as the defense department's "wll known" $4000 toasters.  People repeatedly look the other way, and the Kangaroo court (VAOIG) is the fox guarding the hen house.  Its not a crime to steal billions from VA, one is awarded with "attaboys".  Its no wonder the VA is so messed up, its mostly nepotism in hiring and government contracts.  

Its a well funded, government sponosored crime syndicate right inside our VA and other government doors.  Its evident in congress, in the defense department, the VA, and, yes, the military.  This is exactly why there is the VAOIG, its designed to protect government contractors from prosecution.  

Edited by broncovet