VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

No Data on eBenefits

Rate this question

SonjaMichelle

Question

Now I know eBenefits is one of the most frustrating sites in existence so my expectations are pretty low.

I used to be able to go onto eBenefits and at least generate a letter, see my claim upload documents and a few other things.

Now however I CAN'T do ANYTHING. I just get error messages and told to contact the VA for assistance and am provided with an error code or two.

For instance when I try to generate a letter I get:

We are unable to generate your letter due to incomplete information contained in our systems. Please try again later or call VA at 1-800-827-1000 (711 if you use a TDD) and select Option 7, Monday-Friday, 8:00 am - 9:00 pm ET, and provide us with the following reference code so that we may take action to update your records. Provide Reference Code: EVSS-6033, EVSS-1012 

When I try to view my disabilities I get:

We couldn't retrieve your disability rating information at this time.
Please try again later or call VA for assistance at 1-800-827-1000 (711 if you use a TDD), Monday - Friday 8:00am to 9:00pm ET. When requesting support, please provide the Error ID : EVSS-1009 

I have called the number given and TRY to tell the operator at the other end what I am getting but they never want to hear the error codes, tell me that eBenefits is always going don and that many other veterans are having problems too. The issue never gets resolved.

I hate having to call each time I need an updated letter (Usually because the letter date is too old), find out information on my claim or even try to look up my payment history.

I want to be able to do this online without having to call in each time. Sometimes you can never get through and have to wait for a call back the next day. Rather frustrating.

Is there a "magic" phone number to call to get the issues resolved? Do I have to travel to the nearest Regional Office (Which is quite a distance from me)?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Welcome to ebenefits!   I love your explanation:  

eBenefits is one of the most frustrating sites in existence so my expectations are pretty low.

You need to lower your expectations even more, and VA will meet them, with bells on!   

This may be a good time to call the White house hotline,  as I your statement, above, of ebenefits was actually way too generous.  Its much worse than that.  

Marge Simpson, upon Homer messing up the nuclear power plant where he worked causing an environmental disaster of global proportions remarked, " Homer, that is the worst thing you have ever done"

Homer quipped back, "Gee, Marge, you say that so often its lost all meaning".  VA should take a page from Homer Simpsons playbook.  

I usually wait when this happens. Seems like end of week and end of month the systems all get jammed for a day or three. Data base cannot be accessed maybe, because they are using a batch system to update everything in it. Its like a funnel, you can only pour so much at a time into the funnel or it will overflow, so goes computers, databases and VA software.

All my data came up today, they are done.