VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

IU or other options

Rate this question

armyvet89

Question

Hello folks

I hold an 80% rating and I work for the State of Ohio. I have doctor appointment after doctor appointment most for SC conditions some not but I am still fighting those. I am a newer employee to the state and apparently even though you accrue 80 hours of sick time a year the 1st 40 hours are the only hours paid at 100% and then the rest is paid at 70%. This puts me in a real pickle financially. I have to attend these doctor appointments or my health declines dramatically. Working because of my SC issues is getting harder and harder. Do I have to be unemployed to file for IU? I mean I dont necessarily even want to go the IU route because I am the bread winner and insurance provider for my family but if I dont do something then I wont be around for my kids. What other options do I have? Any advice would be appreciated.  

I know that I have to have at least one of these ratings at 40% and an overall 70 to be eligible so I have an appointment coming up to look at getting my back increased as well as my knees but i have NOT yet filed for IU because I need help and guidance. My VSO is impossible to get ahold of so I lean on you guys for most if not all my help. Thank you for your time.

Here are my ratings:

Bilaterals:
20% Left knee
20% Lower Radiculopathy Right Leg
20% Lower Radiculopathy left Leg
10% Right knee

Others:
30% PTSD
20% Lumbar Strain:
10% Tinnitus

a late side bar- The VA has been very accommodating with appointment times - saving your lunch time/ using a late appointment would minimize hours lost - using as able of course.