• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Letter from Shulkin regards TDIU program

Rate this question

Carl the Engineer

Question

October 12, 2017

Dear VSO Colleagues:

This letter is in response to multiple inquiries to the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) concerning the proposed changes to the total disability based on individual unemployability (TDIU) program in the Administration's FY 2018 budget for VA. As a valued partner, I am writing you to address VA's current position on the TDIU program.

The Department does not support a termination of TDIU benefits. We are committed to finding ways that empower disabled Veterans through vocational rehabilitation and employment opportunities, when appropriate. VA looks forward to our continued collaboration and finding solutions to best administer the TDIU program in the future. Thank you for your continued support.

Sincerely,

David J. Shulkin, M.D

“There is no hook my friend. There's only what we do.”  Doc Holiday 

5 answers to this question

This was sent to the VSO's and in my case, the AMVETS sent me a emai allert with the letter attached.

The VA secretary signed it, so its good.  Until its bad...

Hamslice

“There is no hook my friend. There's only what we do.”  Doc Holiday 

• HadIt.com Elder

I am not expecting to see TDIU go down the drain but we are all on notice that our government does not give a damn about us.  None of them care and I have known that since Vietnam.  The powers would have spent my life like an old cartridge  without a second thought so &^^^% them.  They throw dirt in your face and expect you to like it.

• HadIt.com Elder

Ham

That's funny!  Sort of like the Court of Vet Appeals judges did me on my CUE claim.  I had a CUE going back to 1973 and I had one of the best vet lawyers and we still lost at the court.  "We may feel sympathy for this vet but the law is the law".  Judge Roy Beam, Law west of the Pecos, who fined a dead man for vagrancy.