Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

PTSD repeatedly denied

Rate this question

MartyL16

Question

Here is an example of my ongoing problems.
Filed PTSD in 2004 stressor letter, hand written submitted
VA says 2006
Ratings from 2006, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2015 SOC all deny
Why: “no records found in the VAMC”; “you do not have a combat ribbon”, in the 2015 SOC, after submitting 127 pages of VA mental health records from 2008-2013 with my NOD, with ALL diagnosis made by a VA Psychiatrist (MD), and a VA Psychologist ( PhD ), diagnosis PTSD, depression, anxiety, other acquired, i.a.w. DSM IV, GAF 40. All of which has continued thru today.
With my NOD of 2015, I again provided 9 fully documented stressors, plus crash records.
The Phoenix RO said in the 2015 SOC, “we have received your documents discussing your symptoms” and denied still and permanent.
My SPR, under COMBAT, says TET Offensive 1969. I was in combat occasionally while at Phu Bai in 1969
Fact: the Air Force never had a COMBAT ribbon until about 1984.
Fact: I have been under the medical supervision for DEPRESSION since 1985 (still in USAF) while on very high dosage PREDNISONE (100 mg per day, for my SC Sarcoidosis (now on the presumptive list) rated at 0, and again ‘92-95.
Yes, I have diabetes mellitus II SC rated at less than 40% presumptive from AO
Still taking VA anti-depressants since 2008 thru today but since 1985 (USAF) thru 1987, then CIGNA, and others since.
I need help, I am tired of being turned away.
Also always turned down for TDIU with statements “records indicate you are capable of employment”
I am on oxygen since 2014. I ride my motorized VA wheelchair since April 2016
Up to my DRO video conference in June 2013, I was 20% total.
I did almost 2 hrs and November 27, 2013 I got 50% depression with PTSD open again.
Total SC became 70% and approved for 100% P&T TDIU
I have never received an award from the Phoenix RO.
My only increases were from Albuquerque VA and the DRO St Paul MN.

My 2012 Appeal is now on the docket but NOT scheduled yet.

The RO ‘certified ‘ the package and sent it to Washington. I have no idea what they sent as I don’t trust them.
I am so scared of this Appeal as I have no idea what to prepare, or present. I have only requested a hearing, on that one.
Help.

John...I lost, too.  I thought I had a sure thing to get 100 percent back to 2002.  The VA reached in their bag of tricks, even with a lawyer, and hoodwinked me out of it.  Unconvinced, I tried another route..this time tdiu.  I just got 2 years of retro from that, and have just recently discovered the VA's error, where I will likely get 2 more years upon my appeal to the CAVC.  

CC's "Never give up" or Alex's "Win or die" has real meaning to me, now.  

Or, as Alexandar Graham Bell put it, when he failed over 1000 times creating the light bulb:

"I did not fail, I just found 1000 things that did not work."   His 1001st try worked.  

I also read that an infant falls an average of 10,000 times before he is able to stand and walk.    I saw that with my children..they would try to stand up...again..and again...and fall.  They had to teach their brain exactly the right muscles to work to stand and walk.  

I have worked for more than 15 years, and been a hadit member since about 2007, I think.  I wont be giving up..I have even planned a strategy if I lose on my tdiu effective date again.  Im gonna re apply for several more benefits the vA did not adjuticate..then appeal the effective date...and build enough to get tdiu back to 2002.  

I probably have at least 10 more years of fighting..unless..the unthinkable happens...I win earlier.  

Like you..I lost my home waiting on VA benefits, and Im determined to get it back, no matter how long it takes.