VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

DBQ's and additional medical info

Rate this question

Atlcocky

Question

Good evening Hadit community,

I am planning on submitting this on Ebenefits as a FDC. It is a huge claim that has 2 re-open request, 1 new claim and 4 secondary condition claims.

1) The basic question is If I have DBQ's for a particular claim, do I still need to submit the medical records? (in some cases they are pretty extensive.)

2) Two of the claims are request to re-open old claims. Can I summarize the medical information that is "new and material" to fulfill the re-open requirement or do I need to submit all of the medical documentation? 

My fear is If I submit hundreds of medical records pages, they will ignore it all and either partially grant or fully deny my claim. I would love to gather a few opinions from you all on this. I want to submit it by Friday of next week. 

Last question: ON Ebenefits, is there a way to tie the submitted documents with the specific claim and if so, can I put that info in a particular order (ie, explanation of request, DBQ's, chronology of conditions and followed by medical records or some order like that)

Thanks all

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Doesn't matter. Claims are worked by date- 

Like so many other things, FDC has just become a bureaucratic term.

The VSR gets in trouble if they don't exclude you for about a dozen reasons- there's also a little box that needs to be checked/unchecked, but it's just busywork.

Maybe most all of its busywork, really

Hello all,

Great news on my giant new claim/reopened claim. I was awarded 100% P & T with the effective date of March 2017, date of intent to file. I actually submitted the claim in November 2017.  I would like to thank you all for helping me to organize my thoughts and write claims that were easy for the the VA to approved and in very short order. I don't always post, but I always read before I make any moves dealing with the VA. Fortunately, it did remain in the FDC program and I got my award letter in late January or early February. 

I am in the process of getting a copy of my C-file and then I will have question about EED thru appeal or CUE which ever is appropriate. I was service connected and rated on a 'new' claim that was actually an adjudicated claim that the VA never responded to since 1996. I have another old thread about EED that I will use to get help with this issue.

THANK YOU ALL

This is GREAT News- please keep us informed as to the  '1996' claim and the other thread on it.