Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

MILTARY POLICE TORTURED ME

Rate this question

63Charlie

Question

I was ordered by my CO not to consume alcohol.

I disobeyed orders and did so.

The military police forcefully removed me from my quarters and placed me in a cell at Wiesbaden Army Base, Germany.

While asleep, I was awakened by an intense burning sensation on my upper leg.

I suffered first and second degree burns when the military police poured an unknown liquid on me while I lay asleep in bed in that cell.

The psychological impact of being tortured will never go away.

My PTSD claim was denied, with not even a mention of this incident.

I recently was hospitalized for suicidal ideations.

Called the VA trying to get a mental health care appointment, and they had me Baker Acted.

After getting out of the hospital, and being diagnosed with Major Depressive Disorder, the VA calls my home and wants me to see mental health.

I comply.

I go see a psychiatrist in Orange City, Fl, Dr. Frederick Petty, and he tells me I was having a "pity party."

I would like to know where a complaint pertaining to this should be sent.

img014.jpg

Edited by 63Charlie

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

• HadIt.com Elder

63Charlie

if you continue with this appeal   it maybe better to to retract the claim that you were Tortured and use'' Traumatized '' I doubt VA will service connect tortured ? unless you were torture by the enemy.

Even if a Dr give his/her opinion that you are a ticking time bomb after military service  without establishing service connection  you will be denied.

its your responsibility to prove service connection  and from what I read just here on your post  you don't have that.

and if the VA finds pertinent medical records to the fact That you were diagnose with a mental problem before military service they will use that against you and say  you were mental before your military service...this is why they delve back into our childhood to find evidence like this hurts the veterans claim

they use it ...to deny our claims and there reason would be we were already mental case before our military service.

OR something to this effect.

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

Maybe I am not saying the right things here for you to understand? other  member can chime in here.

brocovet ,Gastone ,Ms Betra,Vync.... please comment your opinion.???

This Veteran Needs help.

I certainly don't want to give him false hope or Miss-Lead him

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

I agree with what L posted and I do not see the SMRs as revealing a stressor.

'You stated , 'The VA decision that I received determined I have anxiety disorder, and major depressive disorder, and service connected the both.''

''Denied the PTSD claim. Diagnosed PTSD but no service connection due to lack of a stressor in service.''

The VA will only pay for one MH disability. I assume the decision said anxiety disorder (with depressive disorder contributing.) I am guessing, because we have not seen the decision.

I think you applied for TDIU in 2017.......if your SC conditions render you unemployable , you have a chance to attain TDIU....unless they denied that claim already.

Can you scan and attach here the award letter  for the anxiety/ depression?

Edited by Berta

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

"The torture, and also other medical evidence document where the MPs fractured my wrist by twisting my hand in cuffs" 

Respectfully submit -

Ensure the claim of broken wrist, is medically confirmed with the appropriate medical record ( documentation - ie: was it immobilized in a cast for 4 weeks? listing range of motion or limitations on the medical follow ups appointments. How many visits was Physical or Occupational Therapy visits needed? et al. )

The wrist is composed of  8  separate bones - which articulate ( or meet) at the radial - ulnar - in the forearm. http://www.houstonmethodist.org/orthopedics/where-does-it-hurt/wrist/wrist-anatomy/

I "assume," you think my information was derogatory -

I gave you valuable insight, for you claim - reread with perspective on how a medical professional would understand it- so the claim is not delayed. 

I would hazard that the first thing you need to do is take a deep breath. You're way too close to this, understandably so. You need to learn to distance your emotions and feelings and start thinking in a dispassionate way. At the end of the day the Rater should be basing decisions off of facts. If you can corroborate your narrative with medical documentation then you should be good. 

I would like to submit that perhaps you should take pen to paper and create a list of the facts as you understand them to be. This will help you as a starting point to begin acquiring valid medical evidence for your case. And imho L was absolutely correct, if your records are not in order it WILL delay your claim even more. If things indeed happened as you say then there should be all manner of incident reports filed as well as treatment records for the resulting injury/trauma.

I'd like to close by saying that I'm not a "professional" anything.  You can take my advice or dismiss it out of hand. Nobody here has the intent to piss anybody off or offer bad advice. I hope you are able to overcome the adversity and prevail in your claim.

Longtooth

On 12/31/2017 at 10:46 AM, Buck52 said:

63Charlie

if you continue with this appeal   it maybe better to to retract the claim that you were Tortured and use'' Traumatized '' I doubt VA will service connect tortured ? unless you were torture by the enemy.

Even if a Dr give his/her opinion that you are a ticking time bomb after military service  without establishing service connection  you will be denied.

its your responsibility to prove service connection  and from what I read just here on your post  you don't have that.

and if the VA finds pertinent medical records to the fact That you were diagnose with a mental problem before military service they will use that against you and say  you were mental before your military service...this is why they delve back into our childhood to find evidence like this hurts the veterans claim

they use it ...to deny our claims and there reason would be we were already mental case before our military service.

OR something to this effect.

Torture led to the trauma.

It is a fact, and I can not sugar-coat what is true.

No pre-existing mental problems.

Going to have a lawyer help me with all this.

Edited by 63Charlie