VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vets Disability Commission/possible Sensory Nerve Damage Associated To Diabetes Causations

Rate this question

Guest allan

Question

fwd: from Kelly

Vets Disability Commission/possible sensory nerve damage associated to diabetes causations

Hi to all,

I posted the latest update from the Disability Commission and some comments on that issue.

http://www.2ndbattalion94thartillery.com/C...ionComments.htm

Everyone has their own opinion of this commission but the majority believe this is nothing but what the VA and White House are going to do anyway.

Thanks to Richard, Paul, and others that sent in the data on the nerve matter damages shown associated in those with diabetes and the amazing fact that they found sensory nerve damage in the pancreas creating insulin issues that may even be the reason for the diabetes causation.

This may be a total "paradigm change" in the causation and treatment of diabetes. 1The study also found that nerves likely play a role in other chronic inflammatory conditions. The other study indicated that it was possible to see spinal chord shrinkage associated. "The size of the spinal cord is significantly diminished long before symptoms of nerve damage appear in adults with diabetes."

This would also correlate with the postulation of Dr. Cate Jenkins and others such as the OTA that prior to our peripheral nerve damage subclinical central nervous system damages occur.

The one study also concluded that Type I and Type II are closer connected than previously medically thought, which in our damaged Nam guys I had suggested this two years ago with the data I had collected. That indeed, the two were closer connected than science was assuming; therefore, the causation must be close or similar in many of our insulin issues.

After they swamped the damaged sensory nerves in the pancreas to override the bad data the nerves were signaling, the pancreas began producing insulin normally; and the hallmark of our form of associated diabetes, insulin resistance was reduced.

In already discussing this and presenting part of my posting on this issue to a immune system doctor, which I will get to and finish after the first of the year to post for all, he stated it was not surprising because the pancreas and the brain (central nervous system) share the same antigens. I am also going to include these new findings in my challenge on PN axonal sensory nerve damages. Glad I was slow on getting that printed and sent out now.

Now whether these two studies are even talking to each other is a question that certainly may point to nervous system damage of sensory nerves in spinal chord reduction as well as the pancreatic sensory nerve involvement to inflammatory causations.

This goes hand in hand with my presumption based on data on our guys from other studies that our immune system is compromised and confused from the dioxins and other chemicals and has a greater impact on the nervous system than our government/VA/NAS-IOM care to admit.

This would also answer why we develop nerve damage long before the ability to detect diabetes and that diabetes may not be the associated causation but dioxin caused immune system damages creating the diabetes as secondary to the sensory (peripheral and autonomic) nerve damages.

Too many of our guys and gals suffer from nerve damage, microvascular changes, kidney damages long before the diabetes is even detected with the standard tests. Mostly as the article suggested sensory nerve damages and in some of our cases motor nerve damage or both. Or the confusion that the diabetes is involved with our shrinking tendons and not just nerve damage causation.

The scientists suggested a paradigm shift. Yet; we, as victims, have been saying this all along for at least four years now with data but no one listened thanks to the VA and our White House and especially our congress; whose direct job is to listen to the constituents, regardless if they are Veterans.

For you Veterans that had PN with no support from our government and then later on diagnosed with MS with no support from the government this article also states similarities between diabetes and MS associated to central nervous system damages.

There is much more connected to our issues if this paradigm shift is proven and that is a big IF. I would not put it past our government to again interfere with the studies that may prove we were right and the NAS/IOM and the VA PhD’s were totally wrong.

I am excited about this news for 2007 as it bears out with testing results what I have conveyed to those folks that were at my presentation in DC and the 500 pages of evidence I submitted.

Not that we may live long enough in time before our dirt nap to be cured. Nevertheless, maybe long enough to prove we were correct and "our government" and our "governments contracted agencies" were wrong with malice and directed White House forethought against the finest citizens this nation has to offer.

I hope that the Columbia researchers are aware of these findings and test results as one of those also believe that our toxic chemical damages is associated to ALS.

If these sensory nerve damages in the pancreas creating these damages called diabetes were proven then one would have to look at the brain and the possible brain insulin resistance problems in Type III conditions.

If the one study found spinal chord atrophy does this now explain the brain atrophy found in Nam Vets also? Again, the data for Nam Vets would show a possible connection.

Again a big IF!!!!!!

This would also clearly indicate why Nam Vets have chronic pancreatitis and then even possible pancreatic cancers.

This would certainly close the door on the asinine and unintelligent findings by the VA/NAS-IOM that peripheral nerve damage was only one year after Vietnam and resolved in two years.

More on that later in more detail and how this finding directly applies to what the studies found, the levels, and were not reported because they did not meet the governments "fictitious mandated linear dose standard."

I have stated many times - many times - many times after I got into the data that was actually found in our lab rat usage Veterans; that if we had this much found PN damage in peripheral sensory nerves (with or without diagnosed diabetes) that it should be impossible to even fathom that autonomic sensory nerves that system regulate would not also be affected. This may even be associated to other bodily autonomic functions and not just insulin and insulin resistance as this study found. What about autonomic digestive acids, or autonomic heart rates, or autonomic breathing rates or even the signal to continue to breath as you sleep.

Will the Nam Veteran damaged immune system matrices I am working on show this connection to neuron cells and dendritic cells? I think it will especially in dendrite communication.

Everyone have a great New Year and let’s get ready to "get after it once again" in 2007.

Glenda and Kelley

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Thanks for this- I believe the impact of diabetes will be found to involve by far more disabilities than we know of now.

It seems to me there is no other disability or disease that can have such an overwhelming and catastrophic affect on the human system.

I feel the VA is doing a lot in the diabetes field -to treat- but not to diagnose in time-

a few glucose readings-over a year or more period-as part of routine VA blood chem work- does really very little to reveal diabetes-a reading can change in minutes.

and the HBI AC- I bet they do not maintain proper calibration on some of these machines and this too could provide a false glucose reading.

Every veterah should be aware of the symptoms of diabetes and bring these symptoms to their docs attention if they have them.

Better yet- I believe that the VA should give every single vet a personal glucose monitor and a glucose log book.

A self diagnosis of diabetes - when the glucose gets high on three separate occasions-along with other symptoms liked blurred or double vision, confusion, etc- might well help a vet save their own life.

Guest terrysturgis

I meet a lot of Viet Nam vets during my Patroit Guard missions. I always ask them if they are receiving the benifits they have earned. I always question Diabetes. Many of them say that they are "borderline diabetic".

Allan, thanks for the info. Terry Sturgis

• HadIt.com Elder

I had nerve problems that were undiagnosible long before I finally got the DMII officially SC'ed by the VA. I have weird nerve root neuropathies. I went from doctor to doctor trying to find some treatment. When I filed for PN as secondary to DMII the VA fought the claim saying the PN was prior to the DMII. Yjr only one who gave me any encouragement was the doctor at the VA who did the AO Registry Exam. He linked the nerve damage to AO and I made the link to the Pre-diabetes. I did all the work to get the VA to recognized my DMII and PN, but I had this going back 7 years and the VA never did a thing to encourage me to mile or get treatment for the DMII. If I had claimed PN due to AO without the DMII link it would have been denied. Perhaps the PN is casued by AO exposure all by itself, but you will never win a claim like that.

The VA's dianostic criteria for stand alone PN is science fiction. Symptoms must manifest within one year of exposure and resolve within two years????? If they keep looking into the affects of dioxin, AO and disease I am sure they will find all kinds of diseases, but then we will mostly be dead. Why should the military condinue to spend money to fund research on an aging and relatively small population of vets? You see why the VA is fighting including Blue water and SE Asia vets from being included in the AO zone. That would incease the number of vets exposed by millions, officially. I think most of the government research is damage control.

• In Memoriam

Thanks allen. I have PN so bad that I can not feel my feet, except for early when I wake up. One doctor says that I am diabetic, the VA doctor says I am borderline.

This is great news that the VDBC is doing something for us, rather than bringing us further down.