VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sleep Apnea C&P Exam

Rate this question

Black3018

Question

I finished my claim, and I submitted buddy letters and copies of my sleep study conducted by the VA.  I filed my claim as a secondary to PTSD which I have a 50% rating for.  Is there anything else I need to bring to the C&P with me?  I was given a CPAP machine and was given a diagnosis for OSA. For some reason this exam has me extremely anxious and nervous.  Thank you guys in advance. 

Edited by Black3018

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Black3018 I   would bring any medical evidence connecting the NEXUS  of the sleep apnea claim - WHILE in service to your exam.

I alway bring duplicates, since they may not have access to copy.

I know there have been recent changes in this rating. 

Here is the most updated link I could find : : https://www.vetshq.com/2016/05/va-updates-evaluation-criteria-sleep-apnea-claims/

Good Luck with the exam and ..... relax. :)

Edited by L

The above referenced 2016 article regarding DXing of Severity and Rating of SA has been the same, well before I got my SA SC'd as Secondary to CAD back in 2011. SA without the Rx for a CPAP or BiPAP (regardless of use compliance) was rated as 0% or 30% SC based on Lay Evidence of daytime Somnolence.

Your big hurdle will be the PTSD Nexus Vs all the other "Usual Suspects" to include, BMI in excess of 28%, Neck size in excess of 171/2 inches, Wide Tongue, just to name a few of the 12 possibilities. How long have you been rated with the 50% SC for PTSD?

How do your Buddy Letters support the Claimed SA Secondary to PTSD SC?

What's with the "for some reason this exam (C & P??) has me extremely anxious and nervous," do your VMC MH ClinicainTreatment Notes indicate that your PTSD symptoms have been greatly reduced? That could be a real problem, a PTSD SC Reduction could be a big problem.