VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Secondary?

Rate this question

Holllie Greene

Question

Hi All,

Hope you all are hanging in.  I had an appt. with an urologist a few days ago and turns out my bladder is "hypotonic", no medicine to help but ISC (intermittent self catherization) will be the way to go (no pun intended),  My question is: when all is said and done, do you think this is another secondary to worsening MS?  Thank you all.

Gastone, I have not received my claim back yet.

HG

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Hollie

Did you ask your doctor, or read what he said, (if the ISC is necessary due to your MS)?  Your doctors medical opinion is what matters, not our opinion anyway.  

I have done this:  I have asked my doctor if (my knee arthritis) was due to my leg fracture in service?  She responded in the negative, that my TYPE of arthritis was not based on trauma, that "some" types of arthritis are related to trauma.  

I knew that meant that if I were to get SC for arthritis, I would need a more favorable medical opinion, either another VA doc, or an IMO/IME.  

So I recommend you ask your doctor this question, and listen carefully to the answer, and read the docs report to make sure it is the same as what they said.  

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree with broncovet  and the Dr can always  state in is/her opinion '' its likely as not related too''  as a secondary condition

jmo