VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Using Ebenefits to file New Claim

Rate this question

john999

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I wanted to file a claim for HBP presumptive to AO, but the process on Ebenefits asks many weird questions such as "Are you applying for TDIU"?   I already have TDIU .  I don't know how to answer that question.  They it popped up with "you don't need to apply for PTSD since you already have it".   According to the VA I am not being treated for PTSD but for depression and anxiety which is SC.  I feel like I am walking through a minefield so I have avoided Ebenefits.  I know how the VA can really screw up a claim and send me to a proctologists for a PTSD exam and cut my rating.   They  once sent my TMJ claim to a psychiatrist and he did not know what to do.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

John999  it did the same thing to me 2 1/2 years ago when I filed for PTSD. 

After I finished filing  it had me down as having 5 ITF (Intent to file) with the same starting dates grrrrr  I was only filing for PTSD using the ITF. (Intent to File)

I went back to e benefits and ask them to cancel 4 of the ITF's and only use the INT for my PTSD Claim. (they corrected it 5 days later) some times it may take even longer.

Even if it still shows up on e benefits  ...it will eventually dispear.

After you file, a few days later you should get a confirmation on e benefits that they recieved your ITF  HBPclaim (or what ever your filing for) and ask if you have any other evidence to send  please send it in at this time. ect,,,ect,, Its your option if you want to use the ITF or not and still file your NEW Claim as a FDC

As for as when it ask you questions like are you filing for TDIU just put No you are service connected at present for TDIU, or simply put No.

You can't leave it blank you have to answer the questions or it will kick it back or keep asking you the same questions.

As long as you file your''NEW'' claim your ok...be sure to use the INT(intent to file) because that gives you a year before you actually need to file and an extra year together evidence if you need it & extra time if e benefits is letting you know  something is not correct. remember if you use the ITF you need to watch the dates to actually file your claim within one year   they do count this time as EED.

You can push the send button any time your ready to file. (within one yer) using the ITF

if you can't figure this  out  go to your local VAMC and ask for the E-Benefits Clerks for help to straighten it out.

Good Luck with it.

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

JOHN999

Just to assure you  if you mess up on e benefits they still can't reduce your ratings for  this type  clerical error...they will need to prove twice medically that your present S.C. Disability's have actually improved from Dr's reports ect,,ect,,,2 C&P's Which I doubt they will go that far.

and you had these ratings a long time and your over 55  so all that is in your favor.

don't worry so much about a reduction...concentrate on your NEW FDC for the HBP. 

• HadIt.com Elder

Buck

I think I will do as you say.  I don't know if the VA will connect HBP to AO but  I might as well file because it will take months if not years to be denied or approved.  By that time it may be SC'ed for HBP.  This may by our last shot at new AO conditions according to Berta.

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes file for it we never know what those jbirds willl do.

I had thought seriously filing for a few more conditions I have VA Diagnoses for

1. sleep Apnea ( secondary to PTSD/Med's

2 Rinnutis/Gerd

3 Djd arthritics in both knees...Related to an Injury from Nam (Falling off a Deuce & Half Truck after the radiator exploded in my face(but no medical records I never went to have it checked)  my bad I know.

There are about 5 or 6 more diagnose my  VA PCP Has me diagnose for that  could amount to 10% each S.C. Condition

These types conditions would not meet the SMC Criteria anyway.

But I am at the compensation cut off  for extra conditions  with two SMC's  and P&T...This would not mean I would move up on the SMC Level. and as I understand it if your S.C. for ten years or more then it don't matter what causes your death  the spouse is still eligible for DIC

I should have already filed for all these claims  but hine sights 20/20  right.

So I think I will just stay were I am and wait out my 20 year rule  if I live that long 2022 is my 20 year date.