VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Permanent Raing

Rate this question

Jarhead6173

Question

Hi all. New here. I am hoping someone can help me with this. I am 100% schedular sc Va disability. I have been 100% for 3 years. The VA currently considers all of my ratings as permanent, with the exception of my ptsd rating.

i am needing to be considered permanent so that i can get chapter 35 and champ va for my family, and need to know how to go about asking for that. I had an appt with my va psych doc last week and explained my situation, and he put the following in my va notes:

"Assessment: Chronic post traumatic stress disorder, panic disorder with agoraphobia"

"Impression: Patient continues to have ptsd and depressive sx and is unemployable. His condition is permanent."

Do I just write the VA and ask that they make me "permanent" so that my kids can go to college on chapter 35 and have champ va health insurance?

thanks

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Are you 100% Scheduler or do you have an IU Rating?

Age plays a big part in T & P when it comes to MH conditions, especially PTSD. How long have you had the PTSD DX? The vast majority of Private and VA MH Clinicians believe PTSD Symptoms can be lessened with prolonged comprehensive treatment. Think "Job Security."

SC'd Vet's under 55, can generally expect to have their C-File, Diary Dated for a C & P re-exam of SC'd MH conditions at 3 to 5 year intervals.  It's not unheard of for a PTSD Vet to get their PTSD Reduced after a Re-exam Forensic PTSD C & P.

Hi Gastone. I’m 100% scheduler combined. Ptsd rating is 50%, and have been rated for ptsd for 4 years. I do currently have a future c&p scheduled for the ptsd in 2019, just hoping that I can use my doctors notes to get permanent before then. I have a son wanting to go to college in the spring and another right behind him.

Tough to get a T & P  with a 50% MH Scheduler CSC 100% Rating. I assume you were never Rated as IU at any time prior to your Scheduler 100%?

Was your original PTSD C & P before or after the VA put the DSM V into effect? Did you agree with the 50% Rating? What type of VA MH Treatment Plan have you had over the past 4 yrs?

Are you employed or now collecting SSDI?

Never been rated IU, but only because I didn’t see any point. I’m already 100%. My ptsd c&p was done right after the dsm5 came out. I’ve been through several different types of therapies through the va. I worked up until 2015 as a federal employee, until I was forced to retire on fers disability retirement due to ptsd. My va psychiatrist says I’m unemployable and that my ptsd is permanent.

What about the SSDI?