Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Voc Rehab Graduation

Rate this question

Ddsr

Question

Can anyone tell me if your eligible for Unemployment benefits upon graduation from Voc Rehab. I am starting the job search process of VR next week but am wondering what is all available while not employed. I think I will still receive a stipend as well but was not sure if i was eligible for State Unemployment as well.

These places of employment where your SC Conditions have caused you to be terminated, any chance of getting your employment records confirming cause of termination?

If you just up and quit, that could be somewhat problematic. If there is any evidence from the former employer and/or coworkers (Buddy Letters) confirming attempts to make concessions to accommodate your MH and/or IBS issues, that would be excellent supportive Evidence for an IU Claim.

GA yes I do have evidence in fact from a job I had 3 jobs ago that i was given help for depression and in the end terminated. I can also get evidence from all jobs but the question is they will not say I was terminated for specifically Depression it will say I other so how can that be used.I was always terminated, I never quit the jobs. Anyways I am really stressed right now along with depression at high level as I am also battling trying to help my son. Long Story.

Dot9- Yes I am starting counseling MH this thursday at VA so I can share all with him and maybe just maybe he would be willing to help.

Dd, get what ever employment evidence is available to support your IU Claim. Most employers are reluctant (and Rightfully so, who wants a lawsuit) to do anything other than confirm past employment.

A history of verified Terminations is actually great IU Evidence.