Did this quack do your C & P exam?

Rate this question

Berta

Question

• Answers 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I am surprised- the Sub Committee said they would use a letter I wrote to a former Secretary , as written testimony they put into the record.

It happened too fast for me to even think about getting to the Sub Committee hearing.At the same time  CBS contacted me to get to a  local TV station,to be interveiwed for the  K Couric show that same night...

Maybe the format for testimony for the Sub Committee changed- this was years ago and if I had known they would use the letter I wrote- I would have added more to it.

PS...I filed my AO DMII death claim the same year I began college at AMU.

Since most of my instruction came from the USMC,(I was only civiliam there)and other branch officers,I was fully prepared to play another VA war game.

The DMII claim was a malpractice issue I did not dfiscover when I FTCAed them.My daughter, (USAF at the time)kept presuuring me to re opened for DIC under direct service connection.

The VA had never diagnosed or treated my husband's DMII, evidence by the medical records when I gave the records another thorough review (and did MUCH research).

Althugh this could have been 1151 claim, I had already been awarded for wrongful death under FTCA and 1151 so I had to carefully word the claim.

My RO refused to even re open the claim at first and I was thrilled when it went to the BVA.They awarded.

I feel my IMO fees would have been far higher , had I not prepared a very adequate lay medical review and timeline of the entire record-and my IMO was prepared very fast.I sent all medical records and tabbed those I had mentioned in my lay medical timeline, for a 6 year period, for one of many misdiagnosed conditions -that VA agreed had all caused my husband's untimely death.

My daughter was right.For my initial FTCA/1151, we had no internet like what it is now and  in 2003, when I filed this DMII claim I had also enrolled into AMU.

Somehow I kept an A average in a military school, (AMU) the same time I was collecting evidence and studying Endocrinology ,for this claim.

If a claimant is willing to do the legwork, they can succeed.

I hope, maybe in our lifetime of everyone here, that veterans will start taking a stand on these lousy C & P exams they get.

If a VA doctor cannot prepare a C & P exam correctly, how the heck could they ever diagnose and treat a veteran correctly?

Edited by Berta

AGREE 100%!

NEW Veterans that are unfamiliar with the BS that us "ole timers" are familiar with, will discover that the DVA is a flawed system, that really works AGAINST the Veteran, UNLESS the Veterans disability is clearly obvious.

I surely hope a lot of them are reading and learning from this forum!

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
On 1/30/2018 at 8:52 AM, hollywoodnc said:

For the past several yrs., I've noticed that VSO atty's along with private practice lawyers have been denouncing C&P examiners, as not having the appropriate background/experience and/or education, to render a bona fide medical opinion.

Back in the 1990's, I began to question the experience and competence of a neurologist performing my C&P exam with one hand while eating a submarine sandwich with the other.

My last BVA remand slapped the doctors hand for making opinions he was not qualified to make.  He first declared my 10+ year service connection to be incorrect, saying my condition should be severed.  On his second exam he all but directly declared that I was malingering.  I cannot help but wonder if this was some of the reason his neurology department at the Johnson City VA was closed down.

Beware.

The C&P exams may be only for DBQ's. Any medical pro from a NP up can complete these. For an opinion, the medical pro should be specialized in the field of the subject matter.

Pull this challenge with a NP who is doing the DBQ and you will lose your claim. Dealing with a remand is a different and specific situation.

7 hours ago, Vync said:

Back in the 1990's, I began to question the experience and competence of a neurologist performing my C&P exam with one hand while eating a submarine sandwich with the other.

I had the same experience with an atty at the PVA!

She noted that the supposed doctor was nothing but a "PA", yet signed "Dr._______ ________, MD".

I wished they would have done this sort of research in the mid/late seventies!!!