• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

last post on EBenefits

Rate this question

Art1969

Question

Table of Claims
Latest Progress Status Description Received
04/25/2017 Awaiting Place on the Docket Generally, the Board is required to decide appeals in docket order. Your appeal was assigned a docket number based on the date VA received your VA Form 9 (Substantive Appeal). Your appeal is currently waiting its turn for assignment to a Veterans Law Judge based on your docket number. 08/19/2016

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Actually, I believe it's the BVA Appeals Intake Desk-Clerk, upon Receipt of the RO Certified Complete Appeal, that assigns the Docket Number either the same day or shortly thereafter.

Take a look at the Form 9 instructions page. How long after your original Denial did you file the (9) with your RO? Had you received a SOC or SSOC from your RO?

"Awaiting Place on Docket," indicates to me that a Docket Number has not been Assigned. Have you or your Rep received notification of your 2017 or 2018 Docket Number? What type of BVA Hearing did you request on your "9?"

If you have a recent docket Number, you're looking at 2020+ for a Video Hearing.

You cant go by benefits. I have a docket number of Oct. 2014, and ebenefits tells me awaiting place on docket. Call the BVA and find out if you have a docket number yet. Once you find out your docket number, keep track of which dockets are being worked on by looking at the customer service page on the BVA website. They just moved the dates to Oct. 2014 as of this morning.

Treysnonna, I called the BVA this morning. A judge still hasn't picked my file up yet. A lot of judges aren't even to Oct yet. They are still playing catch up. Only some judges are working Nov now.