Jump to content

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

  • homepage-banner-2024.png

  • donate-be-a-hero.png

  • 0


Rate this question



1 answer to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 1

Go to https://www.archives.gov/, and click on the Veterans Records Section.

The sight will have a blank SF 180 you can print off and file out or do that online at the site.

Then you will need to print off a bar coded authorization form, sign it, keep a copy of it or your records, and send it to where the instructions on the form direct you to- I always use USPS Priority wuith a tracking slip for anything regarding VA or for a records request.

Be sure in addition to your STRS,  that you request a complete copy of your inservice personnel records.



GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use