VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Back Surgery While on Active Duty

Rate this question

arizonaboxer

Question

I'm currently serving on active duty and have been receiving injections for l4, l5 disc bulge.  Today was my tenth injection and I dread every trip to that office.  These injections have provided limited relief over a 3 year period. Today the doctor suggested a surgical referral. My question is, does the VA place a specific rating towards the surgery type performed?  For instance is x% rating provided to a "disc fusion" if the surgery is a success and no pain remains upon separation/retirement?  Can you file a claim and a receive a percentage disability because of the surgery alone?  Or is a claim/rating only possible if the surgery isn't a success and pain remains upon separation/retirement?

Hopefully this isn't a silly question.  

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

arizoneboxer

It's not a silly question  its a good question and a question you need an answer to?

I am not sure  being your still on Active Duty?  but they do have a TEMP COMPENSATION for surgery. you have a year after discharge to file a claim.

but while your still active I'm just not sure how active personal would go about making a claim? other than checking with your VSO/VSR  or the VBA?

Other elder members like broncovet, asknod, and Ms berta, Gastone will know and answer your question  its a good question.

I believe this has been brought up here on hadit before.

Edited by Buck52