VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

bigmike

Rate this question

BIG MIKE

Question

IM NOT SURE IF IM IN THE RIGHT FORUM AND I APOLOGIZE IF IM NOT. STILL LEARNING HOW TO WORK THIS SITE.

MY QUESTION?

I HAVE A VERY LARGE CLAIM PENDIN  WITH LOTS OF CONTENTIONS AND IT WENT TO PREP FOR DECISION TODAY. WHILE LOOKING AROUND ON MY EBENEFITS PAGE I SAW RECENT ACTIVITY AND UNDER ITEMS NEEDED

REQUEST 7

DUE DATE: NOT AVAILABLE

PERMANENT AND TOTAL EVIDENCE

I NEVER ASKED FOR PERMANENT AND TOTAL. DO YOU THINK THAT THIS IS A GOOD SIGN AND THAT MY CONTENTIONS ADDED UP TO 100% AND THEY HAD ENOUGH EVIDENCE NOT TO GIVE ME A PERMANENT AND TOTAL EXAM. AND  P&T WAS AWARDED?

ANY FEEDBACK WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

THANKS

IMG_2785.PNG

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

3 answers to this question

Yes, its good news for you big mike, but dont hold your breath until you get the envelope.  Its okay to have hope tho.  

I suggest you do "something fun" tho this may or may not be "fun" to you, it is to me. 

You could suggest 3 senarios.  (Of course, there is no guarantee, but its okay to dream):

1.  BIG BIG WIN.  You get P and T way back until you applied the first time.  If this is 4 or more years, lets just guess you get 100,000 retro.  You can estimate your retro, if you like.  

2.  Medium win.  You get P and T, but not as far back as you want.  Lets just guess 50,000 retro, and say its back 2 years, but you can estimate more precisley if you like.  

3.  Little win.  You dont get P and T, but you get a nice increase, say to 70 percent, and you estimate the retro at 10,000.  

After you figure these out, you can decide how you will spend the money.  Oh, by  the way, I have done just this.  I have it all written down.  For example:

1.  "BIG" win over 100k.  Gifts church, gifts to family, save some, invest some, and get some things I want that havent been able to afford..say 10,000 worth.  Pay off debts.  

2.  Medium win.  Again, give to church and family, save some, invest some, but lesser amounts.  Give some to yourself, too for something fun.  

3.  Little win.  Maybe its only enough to give to church and pay off debts.  But its still a relief.  

I find it fun to go over these senarios, you may not.  But its still better than watching your mailbox.  

• HadIt.com Elder

I'm not to sure what status 7. is on ebenefit's??

but Step 7. on ebeneft's is

''Preparation for Notification ''

This link gives the claims process steps.

Looks like your fixen to go to step 8. which is when they mail you your packet decision.

https://www.benefits.va.gov/compensation/process.asp

SOURCE:   Dept of Veterans Affairs

Edited by Buck52