Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Finding older VAMC Records?

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

How would I go about finding my old VAMC Medical Records? apparently they are not in my C-FILE? 

Not Any of them are in my C-FILE from my old VAMC (Big Spring Tx VAMC)

I used from 1978..1998 Had been dx for pernicious anemia as well as depression and other conditions, was prescribe the B-12 injections for the rest of my life ,  my now present VAMC prescribes the injections.

I wanted to get my older medical records from Big Spring Tx and see what all is in them

Called my old VMC and talked with the Records Manager, she said that my records are sent off to an undisclosed location for storage, she  got my claim # SS# Which is the same as my claim # and see what she can come up with...few days later she called and found no records on me  so they must been sent off for storage.

I called and submitted the  Freedom act of (FROI)to NRPC /Records Release Manager in St Louis Mo, they have no records of my Big Spring Tx VAMC Either??

I half to have records from that Big Spring TX VAMC..I used it for 20 years..I had an appendectomy in 1985..what about those records..I was hospitalized about 3 weeks..no records of that?

Edited by Buck52

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

If you get someone else's records you need to report it to everyone. IG, news, the VA congress.

They absolutely refused to use secure print feature included standard in the printer software, so an employee would just go to printer/copier and grab the stack another employee had printed, then they got your records and you got theirs

• HadIt.com Elder

These were not medical records..they were some type of reported crime records and incarceration records.  (Not sure why they had them?)

They didn't reveal the crime of convection , but how many days they were incarcerated for..I just look a one and seen the others were all the same.

I didn't have anything in the packet. and I knew then they messed up.

I just put it all back in the packet and  returned to sender.

I should have driven out to West Tx to this VAMC in Big Spring Tx and met with this records manager  but I never did...I probably would have got some results  on my own records  to keep my mouth shut.

Mike Hunt..you ever lived in Midland Tx? and worked at TRW Reda Pump Co?

I worked there back when I first got of the military and knew a guy name Mike Hunt  just wondering if you were that Mike Hunt?