Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

BVA Decision Letter Arrived

Rate this question

CaptMike-H53driver

Question

I was pleasantly surprised to receive my decision letter early this week (22 April) as my BVA hearing was ~ 14 Feb 2018.  In any case, the BVA granted me a 60% rating for a service connected disability previously rated at 0% effective November 2010.

My questions is this:  How long does it "normally" take for my revised disability rating to be reflected in my VA eBenefits account summary and how long before the monthly electronic funds transfer catches up with the BVA decision?  

Thanks for any feedback

Totally accurate & to be more accurate, RO  letter was “mailed” ~ 29 July (I know, a Sunday) and I haven’t received original letter but I called the toll free number and a copy was faxed to me. I’ve since called back & asked to retransmit the snail mail. 

Ive been told that because I’m a retiree my RETRO calculation case goes to DFAS for an audit which is supposed to complete within ~ 120 days and then back to VA. Will keep this forum posted  how it goes. Good news is my eBenefits now reflects my new rating will see Sept 1st if my new rating % pay kicks in

This is great news and DFAS audit  is worth waiting for......!!! I assume for CRDP.....

@paulcolrainCongrats- on the increase.... sorry hijacked post... 

What is up with all the capital font? ... in forums this is perceived as shouting.... jmo 

Edited by L

15 hours ago, L said:

in forums this is perceived as shouting.... jmo 

caps tend to clarify my thoughts to myself.. they tend to let me see clear as well. i dont have an issue with anyone using them if they use them for there own personal reasons and i take your comment sideways as if you have the time to comment on another vets use of caps when theres so much more things to say.

Respectfuly submitted

Just as a thought for your post to be professional, and for the knowledge gained to benefit others/ yourself.

Constructive critisism.

Is typing in all caps considered yelling?
With the advent of the bulletin board system, or BBS, and later the Internet, typingmessages in all caps commonly became closely identified with "shouting" or attention-seeking behavior, and may be considered rude. ... For this reason, netiquette generally discourages the use of all caps when posting messages online.