VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Understanding of VA Decision %’s on Claim

Rate this question

hammer

Question

VA Percentages decision on recent claim.   I am the spouse of the veteran and trying to understand how to add up the percentages. Could someone please assist me? 

Will there be back pay to Vietnam exposure  for 1967-68 and 1971-72?

SC Parkinson’s (Herbicide Expo)-granted 50%

SC Muscle Rigidity & Stiffness, left lower extremity (Herb Expo)-granted 30%

SC Muscke Rigidity & Stiffness, right lower extremity(Herb Expo) 30%

SC Balance Impairment/Bradykinesia (Herb Expo) 20%

SC Tremor w/Muscle Rigidity & Stiffness, upper extremity (Herb Expo) 20%

SC Urinary Problems (Herb Expo) 20 %

SC Speech Changes (Herb Expo) 10%

SC Cognitive Impairment/Dementia w/sleep disturbance. 30%

Thank you very much, 

for Hammer (Lee Ervin)

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Yes, it appears he is eligible for CRDP and the VA will forward that info to the DOD.

This is the best explanation of CRDP and CRSC from Military .com

Berta,

Thank you do very much for your help with CRDP.  I am not completely clear on this. I will go over it a couple more times,  when it is quieter around here and maybe it will sink in. I was wondering if requesting an audit from DFAS would clarify it for me? 

Still awaiting the official VA decision letter telling me about the 100% decision for Agent Orange. Received a letter from the VA Health Dept expressing what  Hammer  qualifies for now that he had been declared 100%. 

Suppose the official letter will arrive soon.

Hammers Wife

I think it would be best to await the award letter from VA, because they should have a statement in their letter as to the CRDP.

We have  CRDP vets here and maybe they will chime in.

Requesting an audit on your part might slow down the process at DOD for CRDP.

CRSC is different and this is something an eligible vet should apply for themselves.

CRDP is automatic-meaning the VA makes the proper application for the vet.

Berta, 

Good advice! 

Later, after all official VA documents are received, would  we be able to apply for CRSP for the Agent Orange Parkinson’s? We applied in the past for his hearing loss due to artillery in the early days, (without adequate ear protection) and it was a smooth process. 

Thank you so very much for all your help. 

Hammer’s Wife

I might have confused the issue-

CRDP ( what the VA corrected mentioned,) is different from CRSC-if that is what you meant by CRSP.

A veteran can only receive one type of monthly payment.

Some veterans are eligible for both CRDP and CRSC but can choose which one they would receive the highest monetary award for.

However this is the CRSC criteria:

Combat Related Special Compensation (CRSC)

Combat Related Special Compensation (CRSC) is a program that was created for disability and non-disability military retirees with combat-related disabilities.  It is a tax free entitlement that you will be paid each month along with any retired pay you may already be receiving.

Eligibility 
"To qualify for CRSC you must:

·       be entitled to and/or receiving military retired pay

·       be rated at least 10 percent  by the Department of Veteran’s Affairs (VA)

·       waive your VA pay from your retired pay

·       file a CRSC application with your Branch of Service

·        

Disabilities that may be considered combat related include injuries incurred as a direct result of:

·       Armed Conflict

·       Hazardous Duty

·       An Instrumentality of War

·       Simulated War"

(source: hadit link)

From what I understand here your husband would not be eligible for CRSC, but is eligible for CRDP.

Veterans who are eligible for CRSC have to apply for it themselves if their SC rating involves any of the "combat related" criteria above.

Edited by Berta

Berta. Still working on the Parkinson's disability ratings for my husband. Had no luck with the AO law group you mentioned on getting a previous effective e date. Submitted an NOD onb the effective date, and made my point on our other claims previously put in for Parkinson's and denied. Asked that the NOD be sent to a DRO and Ramp decision after. Still waiting to hear!

Meanwhile I am working on my husbands CRSC. I am having trouble finding diagnostic codes for all the disabilities listed on his last  approval. Could you go to my email  on the items listed and give me some insight as to the coding? Would like to get this off ASAP!

Thank you very much. 

Hammers wife,

Lee