Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

qualifying for a&a

Rate this question

andrewdc

Question

On the forms, my doctors agree that I am unable to prepare meals. They also indicated I require medication management and acknowledge I am unable to manage my finances because of significant memory issues. (my wife handles)... I am able to groom, bath, toilet, ect...Would I qualify for a7a, based on the above?

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

That sounds fairly good to me, as it sounds like you have read the criteria for A and A.  Of course, we have no idea how the decision maker will interpret it.  

A, not sure of the A & A Award but you should certainly expect the Rater to immediately issue a VA Fiduciary Appointment. As long as your wife meets the VA Fiduciary Appointment requirements, she should be able to continue.

However, if your VA Comp Direct Deposit Bank/Credit Union account is held Jointly and is you and your Wife's only Bank Account, you might consider opening a 2nd Account in your Wifes Name only; with you listed as her POA and Bennifishery. If the VA, for whatever reason doesn't agree with your Wife being your Offical Fiduciary, the Comp Direct Deposit Account will go into Lock Down and only be accessible by the Appointed Fiduciary, definitely not good.

You can expect a visit by a VA Fiduciary Appointment Social Worker, probably sooner rather than later; regardless of the A & A Award/Denial Status.