Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Preparation for Decision

Rate this question

USMCVet13

Question

I've read a few older topics on this, but is the VA's system any more accurate than it used to be? I had my C&P on 4 May, then last week my claim went to 'Preparation for Decision' with an estimated completion date of 5/18 - 5/27. My medical records were fairly well documented for most of the injuries I'm claiming, and I submitted a nexus letter from my PCP as well as some buddy letters. It seems like it's going a lot faster than I thought, but I'm not sure. My VA regional office is in Houston if that means anything.

Thanks for running a great site (much better than the other one).

Edited by USMCVet13

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

I didn't get a copy and don't know one way or the other if it was favorable. They only had me scheduled to cover 5/7 issues I'm claiming, and it didn't take long to get through everything. Mostly range of motion type stuff with some specific questions about each condition. 

My claim moved Prep for Decision, back to Gathering Evidence, then progressed again. I'm now at Preperation for Notification. I guess that means it's done and now I just wait until I get the letter in the mail?