VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Podcast on May 17th/ Help With A Tadpole Trike

Rate this question

Okemos_Veteran74

Question

Last night's podcast was really good. I had always assumed that Voc Rehab was only designed to get someone back to work. I never thought that I could use any of the benefits of the program to help for the betterment of my quality of life.

In a previous post I talked about I am having vertigo and balance issues. I would like to see if I could get Voc Rehab to purchase me an adult three-wheeled bicycle. It's called a tadpole trike

Could I have some suggestions on how to organize a strategy of how I should go about making the case, and what information I should provide?

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

you might want to ask your VA PCP for referral to get you the trike they can put the request in the computer...for that or wheel chair  if your disability requires it to help you with moving around daily.

12 hours ago, Okemos_Veteran74 said:

Last night's podcast was really good. I had always assumed that Voc Rehab was only designed to get someone back to work.

I missed last night's podcast, so this may be irrelevant. On asknod.org I searched for ILP - Independent Living Program. He has many posts on there that maybe helpful. I find his writing is quite humerus and educational.