VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sleep Apnea/Asthma claim

Rate this question

chgofire

Question

I'm currently at 90% rating current ratings are 50% TBI, 70% PTSD, 0% foot fungus, 10% Left wrist fracture.  8 months ago the VA diagnosed me with sleep apnea after a sleep study and I was issued a CPAP machine.  Back in the sandbox we were exposed to a huge burn pit 24/7 ever since leaving the service I developed some form of asthma, breathing problems requiring me to carry an inhaler.  Also, I have developed ED but when I filed a claim for ED I was not granted any ratings because they link it to my PTSD, etc. which I think it's bs!  

I should of filed an appealed for ED but I never did since the claims process is so damn complicated and frustrating, not sure why the VA makes this so incredibly hard for injured Veterans especially Veterans who have been seriously hurt by IED's and other combat related trauma.  I have to admit that trying to get 100% rating has been not only difficult but painful experience.  

I’ve been given medication for a continuous foot fungus issue that has never let up but I was only granted 0% for it.  So now Im considering asthma, sleep apnea, ED, and foot fungus.  Thoughts, recommendation or advice? 

Thank you~