VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How many years does it take the BVA to render a decision after hearing?

Rate this question

8up4life

Question

How long does it take approximately to get a BVA decision after the hearing?

Hard to believe that no one has asked this question before.

All I want to know is if you had a BVA hearing and got a decision, how long did it take?

10 minutes ago, Hammer46 said:

One of my highest priorities is assisting you with your own individual concerns. In Congress this is referred to usually as casework. 

Casework can come in all forms depending on your needs. But where I can especially assist you is with questions and concerns relating to our federal government and agencies. Just some examples are issues receiving Social Security or Medicare benefits, difficulties with visa and other immigration applications, and questions on veterans benefits. 

Although I cannot mandate a particular result or override a decision of a federal agency, I can often assist in answering questions, finding solutions, cutting through red tape, and just ensuring that you receive a fair and timely response to your concern. And often, through my casework, I am able to identify areas where procedures or the underlying law should be changed. 

To assist you with your concern, please begin our casework process by:
  1. Completing as much of the online form below as possible.
  2. Completing and returning a Privacy Release Form . The Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. § 552a) requires that Members of Congress have written authorization before they can discuss your case with a federal agency, so completing this form is an essential part of the process.
  3. Preparing to discuss your case with my staff, including gathering all the key documents.
  4. My staff will reach out to you with any questions and next steps.

PLEASE NOTE: Congressional ethics rules require that in most cases I can only undertake casework for my actual constituents, meaning residents of Hawaii’s First Congressional District (O’ahu from Makapu’u Point through urban Honolulu to Mililani and down through Waipahu and ‘Ewa Beach/Kapolei/Ko Olina to Kahe Point). If you live elsewhere in Hawai’i, I may have to ask you instead to contact Senators Schatz and Hirono and Representative Gabbard for assistance. This is specific to casework: my commitment remains to assist Hawai’i overall whenever and however I can and to welcome and reply to questions, comments and input from all Hawai’i residents.

On 5/30/2018 at 9:57 AM, 8up4life said:

All I want to know is if you had a BVA hearing and got a decision, how long did it take

Two weeks with denial and remand 

claim from 2009, bva  appeal hearing 2016, several remands, now sits with bva judge waiting for decisions. so 10 years in, and just crickets....

On 6/4/2018 at 2:41 PM, 8up4life said:

The VARO's need to go away, along with all VAMC's. Biggest waste of tax payer money there is.

I agree, they are inept, incompetent and playing doctor without any medical training or knowledge....