VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How many years does it take the BVA to render a decision after hearing?

Rate this question

8up4life

Question

How long does it take approximately to get a BVA decision after the hearing?

Hard to believe that no one has asked this question before.

All I want to know is if you had a BVA hearing and got a decision, how long did it take?

wow.. just wow..... mine has taken much, much longer.... had bva hearing in 2016.

On 5/30/2018 at 7:21 PM, 8up4life said:

Ok thanks, I did not know there was a site that you could search through BVA decisions.

Here is the link for anyone else who does not know https://www.index.va.gov/search/va/bva_search.jsp?QT=&EW=&AT=&ET=&RPP=10&DB=2018

It looks like approximately 4 months from hearing to decision.

I know 2 months of that is waiting for transcripts of the hearing.

I still would like to hear the time frame from vets who have been through this process.

Not the entire timeline of the claim, just BVA hearing to decision. Regardless of Grant, Denial, Remand.

We are at the 5 month point from hearing....it took 5+ years for the hearing. 

The case was sent to the transcript office on 6/18/19 so they could send for the transcript to be complete.  If you want to know why there is a delay in sending for the transcript, you would have to write to the Board directly so they could help you. May 2015 BVA case on docket, Bva hearing April 5, 2019 at RO , 6/18/19 case at transcript office . 6/29/2019 nothing no word maybe 90 day rules in effect I don't know . VLJ told me hang in there maybe 30 days to get decision they would try, now 84 days later nothing. NOD was 2015

Appeal received May 2015

Up to date as of August 23, 2019, at 9:10 a.m. ET

1. See past events

May 16, 2014 – April 05, 2019

Current status

Your appeal is waiting to be sent to a judge

Your appeal is at the Board of Veterans’ Appeals, waiting to be sent to a Veterans Law Judge. Staff at the Board will make sure your case is complete, accurate, and ready to be decided by a judge.

What happens next?

• The Board will make a decision

A Veterans Law Judge will review all of the available evidence and write a decision. For each issue you’re appealing, they can decide to:

• Grant: The judge disagrees with the original decision and decides in your favor.
    • Deny: The judge agrees with the original decision.
    • Remand: The judge sends the issue back to the Veterans Benefits Administration togather more evidence or to fix a mistake before deciding whether to grant or deny.

Note: About 60% of all cases have at least 1 issue remanded.

How long until a judge is ready for your appeal?

Your appeal is Advanced on the Docket. This could be because you are older than 75, because you are suffering a serious illness or are in financial distress, or for other sufficient cause.

Advanced on the Docket appeals are prioritized so that they’re always at the front of the line. Your appeal will be sent to a judge as soon as it’s ready for their review.

Edited by Hammer46

@Hammer46, nothing at the VA gets done quickly.  I know after many years you just want the darn decision, my case took ten years and when I knew a decision was made it only made it worse.  Now is the time to relax a bit and find a hobby to distract you from waiting.  It is a drawn out process, after you get the decision you have to wait for the RO to implement it, that can take a year or more nowadays.  So much for cases from the BVA being performed in an expeditious manner.  The VA recently has delay down to an artform.