VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

7 Year Appeal, When will it end?

Rate this question

Wjason777

Question

Recently I just hit my 7-year mark for an appeal that i file back in 2011. At the end of last year, I was granted everything I appeal expect Headaches and TMJ. Earlier this year I had to go in front of a board explaining my case on why I think i should be compensated for these two disabilities. Long story short I won the case. It's been over 3 months since I received the letter stating that I won and that my file is going to be sent to my regional office for the final review which determines my monthly amount. My question is, How long does something like this take to complete? I keep getting different answers when I call the 800 number, I figured since it been over 7 years something like this shouldn't take any longer than a month or so. 

Has anyone one here experience this ?

What sucks is that the VA will process a claim in 30 days now when it goes through a VSO, but they drag their feet as long as possible on a remand that is required to be expedited.

Stupid is as stupid does Gump said.!@!

15 hours ago, vetquest said:

I won a BVA case and did not receive payment until after another two C&P's and a new rating decision were completed.  And yes, it seems the RO's do not like completing BVA remands. 

Hey

how many C and P’s did you have to do. I’ve only did one for each condition prior to the appeal. the headaches and tmj was the only conditions they didn’t granted me so I went in front of the board.

Would I have to take anothe c and P even thought I won the appeal ?

If the board approves a decision they have the last word on that.  Your remanded condition is the one you will be receiving a C&P for.  Good luck with your remand.

Finally got a response today. But I have no idea to make of this letter. Can you guys please explain. I thought when you appeal something it automatically goes back to the original date that you files. 

So what is the total amount granted ? 

Its so confusing 

D852B816-06EC-45BB-952C-7D1BDD606698.jpeg

Wjason777,

It looks like this is an unofficial letter from your VSO's office (DAV).  It seems that the rater made a decision on the issues from your hearing a few months ago and that you are now SC for the Dental disorder and TMJ and headaches.  I don't understand the dates...30% from Nov 2015 and 10% from Oct 2016.  Maybe that means 30% on the dental disorder going back to Nov 2015 and 10% on TMJ going back to Oct 2016.  0% on headaches back to 2010, but 30% starting in Oct 2016.  So......I'm totally guessing here, but maybe some retro coming on the dental disorder back to 2015 and the headaches back to 2016?  Now since this is from the DAV and not the VA, we still don't know when your disability rating will increase or when the retro will come.  But this should increase your overall rating to 80% (I think).  50% +30 +30 = 80 (the other 10% doesn't raise it anymore).  All this ......IF I am reading this right.  Still confused about the 2 statements under # 1.......