VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

From member sovereign- Vietnam Vet

Rate this question

Berta

Question

"Hi Berta- I was hoping you could point me in the right direction. My spouse is a social worker and has a 67 year old Vietnam Veteran as a client in a rural mental health community situation. Her client is very poor and currently only receives just over a thousand dollars a month from SSDI. 

He was shot in the knee in the war and is now having tremendous trouble/pain just walking around, etc. He filed years ago for VA compensation years ago and was denied-- I don't have the details. He just gave up and didn't try again. 

I know you are expert in CUE and I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction to give him some advise. He doesn't like to talk about it, but it would be such a blessing to get this wrong righted. I would hate to send him to a VSO (who I believe basically works for the VA). I will do whatever I can to help him with paperwork, etc., as would my spouse. Thanks for any info."

I dont respond much to profile questions, hardly ever read them - it is best to post claims questions here in the main forum.

If you can scan and attach ( with this veteran's permission the denial he received from the VA, we can help more.

Cover his C file number, name, address prior to scanning it.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

You sure dont owe me an apology- I am glad you are here-

some members here answer profile questions-

but it is far better to get many eyes on claims issues in the public forum.

These are the AO presumptives for intheatre Vietnam vets-:

https://www.publichealth.va.gov/exposures/agentorange/conditions/index.asp

Also there are a few more that the new Secretary will have to consider if he will put them on the list-

Also if HR 299 passes the Senate, and POTUS sings it, then many Blue Water Navy vets will have a better chance of getting their AO disability claims resolved.

The veteran you are helping should claim anything else he has in addition to the GSW, and if they are on list AO list he should claim them specifically as well as claim PTSD.(due to the GSW)

• HadIt.com Elder

Is the skin disease the only one that they won't take the presumption years later if the veteran comes down with a skin disease?

it must be at least 10 percent disabling'' within one year'' of exposure to herbicide

Chloracne only-

https://www.hadit.com/tag/james-crippsagent-orangechloracnediabetes-mellitusveterans-affairs-claims/

James Cripps, member here, and radio guest  often is the first AO CONUS vet as well as the only AO Chloracne vet I know of - who VA awarded for this skin disease.

Like me, James did everything he could think of to prove not  only his exposure to AO at Fort Gordon but to prove he had AO Chloracne and also has AO DMII.