VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rating Pain for Compensation

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

A  Veteran I am helping out with his claim's Recent

I read his award letter Back in Feb 2018 and they rated him 10% for pain!

they call it

''Patellofemoral pain syndrome''. ..his is pain  is in both knees but they only rated his right knee.  & the other  left knee at 0%

So if you been rated for a disability...say arthritics or DJD and you are Service Connected for it and get a lower rating % such as 10%...you should be able  to or meet the criteria for rating of the pain that disability causes. it maybe a low 10% but those 10%add up. 

if you use a VSO have him/her to check on that for you.

I know I read some where (can't remember) but the VA is Now rating our pain for compensation.

On 7/19/2018 at 11:20 AM, bleggett29 said:

Interesting. I'm about to file a claim for Lumbago (lower back pain) and Lumbar Radicular Syndrome (pain from radiculopathy).

I'm already 20% for DDD of L3-L4, and 10% each leg for radiculopathy. Plus 100% Panic Disorder and 10% tinnitus. If I get 10% for each of what I'm about to claim, it'll put me at 100% + 60%.

This has to be a record for VA. The claim I put in is done in just under a month. I don't have the award packet yet but it looks like I got awarded 10% each (total 4) for radiculopathy (sciatic nerve) bi-lat and radiculopathy (femoral nerve) bi-lat. But I probably screwed myself by claiming Lumbago because my 20% DDD got lowered to 10%. Looks like a NOD because the examiner only performed the initial ROM, and not repeated use ROM.

So, I went from 100% + 40% to 100% + 50%. But it should be 100% + 60% after the NOD.

If I understand correctly, the pain comes from the sciatic nerves and sensation/motor function from the femoral nerves?