VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

Holllie Greene

Question

Hi,

I called Peggy a few days ago to check on my NOD and during our conversation I brought to her attention that my 2016 C&P increased my MS bladder to 60% and my 2017 C&P reduced it to 40%.  She asked if I received a letter re: reducing to which I said I never received a letter.  She looked further and said my disease is static to which I replied "yes I know."  I have been 100% P&T for 15 years.  She said "CUE---my static status was overlooked"  I agree, that is why I filed the NOD to dispute the reduction.

Peggy encouraged me to opt into RAMP and to compose a letter which addresses the CUE.  I have read about (from Berta and Alex, and others) how calling a CUE is a major move, not to be taken lightly at all. 

I guess I am seeking opinions, advice, and thoughts on how to proceed.

Thank you to one and all.

H

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hi Berta,

The date of the decision is 23 Dec 2017.  I do not know how to scan documents but perhaps my husband will do this for me later.

Yes, I was surprised and taken aback when Peggy said what they said.

Peggy said to be sure to answer all telephone calls because "they" will be calling to set up a medical appointment; to this I said my 2016 award letter says no more medical exams will be scheduled.  I am thinking this prompted Peggy to search deeper into the 2016 file to declare what they declared.

This is a total mess as I see it.

Thank you for your response Berta.  Have a nice Friday and an even better weekend. :smile:

Hi Broncovet,

VA did no go through the procedures (sending a letter).  VA reduced my MS bladder and increased another to make the numbers balance.  It was completed fairly quickly so that tells me it was pencil-whipped.

I am not up to date on my Latin so would you please expound upon your first sentence, many thanks to you.

Broncovet and Gastone,

Thank you for the time and effort put forth in your responses, I appreciate it vey much.  This entire nightmare is a mess.  I had (and still have) an exacerbation of MS.  The trip to the local non-VA ER was May 2017.  I was stabilized with IV Methylprednisone for three days, sent home with yet another two-week pill taper of Prednisone, saw the local non VA neurologist for a different type of steroid medicine, use a walker and still use that walker.  My neurogenic bladder (MS affects the bladder) acted up in an alarming fashion; so much so I sought help from the local VA urologist.  He is a nice guy and excellent doctor.

I pondered for a few months whether or not to put in for an increase for MS.  Yes, I put in for an increase and it has been nothing but mis-information, stress, and worry.  Thank Heaven for HADIT.com and all the wonderful people here.  You ALL are the best!

My take away from this still on-going experience is: if MS rears it's ugly head again do not put in for an increase, more trouble than it is worth.  From Peggy with her odd CUE proclamation to another Peggy who said a certain box was not checked but read me a statement so she could check the box, I do not know what to think.

I see the county VSO next week to see what is what.

As it stands now I have my NOD in and "will hurry up and wait" (saw this from another Veteran---thanks for that) to see what happens.

Thank you again.:biggrin:

Given that you are at 240 percent, a reduction of 20 percent is likely moot.  (It wont change your benefit amount).  In that instance, I would recommend focusing on something more productive, and less irritating than VA.