Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Please help my cousin Daughter with fathers claims

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

My cousins daughter is going to join hadit in the future  she has been helping her Dad with his claims  they filed in May I believe and need his claims approved ASAP   he has quite a few major conditions he needs Service Connected  he is a 60's Vietnam Veteran Honorably Discharge and Proud.

.Debates and Parkinson He has other conditions as well  ... he just now has filed a claim can he get any retro back to the 70's when this disease first arose? I am not sure where he is with his claim  I think they have a VSO but the VSO keeps them in limbo and slow about things they need help with  I believe they have medical records  she will create an hadit account and ask questions.

I ask his Daughter who is helping her Dad with this  to join Hadit  I'd appreciate all the help you guys can do for them   its greatly appreciated.

He has been have problems since the 70's and is in pretty bad shape...he maybe in Rehab at present IDK? But not Voc-Rehab  I don't think?

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• Answers 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

• HadIt.com Elder

Roger that Ms berta

I may see if they can fire that VSO and have her call or email John Dorle...I think he is pretty sharp on these Nehmer Rules/maybe theres something for her Dad to file 

so for as I understand they just filed the claim in May I think for the debetes and I think she mention he wa sjust diagnose for Parkinson But I think he has had Heart condition for some time?

Hopefully she will log on here and give more information than what I have ? or if I have it mixed up? she is pretty good about following instructions and has a computer...I am not sure her Dad as an VBMS Priuium Account  for Ebenefit''s or MyhealthVet or Not?

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

Everything she needs to know about Nehmer is right here at hadit.

If they filed through a VSO, already why not stick with the VSO-unless the VS0 does not have a Clue on Nehmer-

Nehmer claims are not difficult for the VA to adjudicate. They are pretty cut and dried.

Based on what you told us he is definitely a Nehmer Class Action veteran- but still  ----I am making an assumption there.

I gave a brief way above of stating the claim.

You can add, after the Vietnam theatre dates,  "this is a claim under auspices of 38 CFR 3.816 - Awards under the Nehmer Court Orders for disability or death caused by a condition presumptively associated with herbicide exposure."

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/38/3.816

That link and much info here in out AO forum ,accounts for the special circumstances of Nehmer.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• HadIt.com Elder

This is one of my first cousins on my mothers side  his Dad was my Mom Brother(My favorite Uncle)  I have not seen him in like 9 years when his Dad past away, I was at the funeral  but I remember he was not in good health back then 2009 and now his Daughter is helping him with these claims and I don't think either one knows about how the claim process works.?

one of my reason I ask her to sign in to Hadit  that there a lot of highly intelligent people such as You and broncovet and other members that can help her   the VSO they use is not doing or keping them informed and how and what other claims he can file on.

9 hours ago, Berta said:

".he maybe in Rehab at present IDK? But not Voc-Rehab  I don't think?"

What does IDK mean?

Isn't it "I don't know" in this instance

testing my signature

• HadIt.com Elder

yeah it means( I Don't know) his daughter just mention that he was doing Rehab.

I don't know if she is getting on Hadit or not? maybe having computer problems? I have not heard back from her since yesterday Morning  after I ask her to join Hadit?  just have to wait and see? if she gets on Hadit.

I am not that familiar  with those EED's especially the A.O. Claims using the Nehmer Rule.

but it seems he could get some back pay if he was diagnose for it back in the 70's To at least 2010 if not the 2000? I been trying to find something on it, Ms berta put up some good information on Nehmer Rule.

I been trying to decipher all of it.

His daughter hopefully will log on to Hadit  I just hope she didn't get some bad advise from their VSO?

I sure hope no one caused her  and her father to expect a  AO $$$ windfall.

Some of the info here is very odd----but the daughter can clear that up-

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.