VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

BVA RAMP Form 21-4138 Auto Forwarded to Janesville WI

Rate this question

paulstrgn

Question

I just filed my first appeal with the VA via RAMP. I faxed in the form and then mailed in the form with all my supporting evidence. I used the address on the form for the BVA, which is:

BOARD OF VETERANS' APPEALS
P.O. BOX 27063
WASHINGTON DC 20038
FAX: 202-495-6803

I sent it via USPS Priority Mail (paid $6.70), last Thursday 10/4/2018 knowing it would be there by Saturday 10/6/2018 (I live approximately 2 1/2 hours south of DC). I am the type who likes to watch the progress of packages I send, I noticed on Tuesday it still showed to be at the post office in DC. I called the post office and after being on hold for an hour they said they would open a case on the package. I just got called from the post office and was told that the address above has an automatic forwarding address to Janesville, WI. So to make a long story short don't be surprised when you send in your appeal via RAMP and it is forwarded.

I hope this helps anyone who mails in an appeal. I am also including a copy of the form for those who may need it.

RAMP - Secondary Decision Package.pdf

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

This is correct.  RAMP is not set up to do BVA appeals until about Feb. 2019, unless VA announces it before then.  When you opt into RAMP, you select either the "supplemental claim lane" or higher level review.  Until 2019, Ramp is not doing BVA appeals.  

This should not matter much because it will likely take until Feb. 2019 until your higher level review or supplemental claim is completed.  

Im a bit concerned, tho, that you may not have selected one or the other (HLR or SCL)  That will delay you if you did not do that.  Hopefully this is not a glitch that causes you problems.  

I hope you saved a copy of what you sent in to Janesville.  

Sorry not sure what HLR or SCL stands for but I chose appealing to the BVA and submitting additional evidence. I guess I would have thought they would not list the BVA address or at least put a note saying don't send to the BVA until after 2/14/2019.

Yes I saved a complete copy just in case. I worry to much about lost paperwork.

I had already done a higher level review via RAMP which was denied so I selected an Appeal to the Board  via RAMP with the option to submit additional evidence.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use