Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Regs about working after getting IU and IU was made Moot?

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Can some one put up the regulations about veterans going back to work that are getting 90%combined TDIU P&T and the IU is made moot because of another S,C, Condition Awarded.above 60%

That has had IU moot Because of other S.C. conditions that were finally approved bringing him up to the 100%scheduler ....some veterans that are younger now days that this is happening too can go back to work ..(for something to to do or better occupy their time)...I mean when you have a 32 year old on IU and is given another S.C.condition award  that made his IU MOOT and has a final degree of 100% then he should be able to go back to work and keep his 100% coming in as well.

what are these Regulations that says he can do that?  I CAN'T FIND THEM??

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

3 answers to this question

If you are 100% scheduler there is nothing preventing you from returning to work.  The laws between IU and 100% scheduler do not make much sense but they are what they are.  That said you can be 100% scheduler with one condition causing the TDIU and receive SMC K.  If you return to work you lose your SMC K but that is only somewhat over $350.  

One would believe a veteran who is 100% scheduler would be more disabled than a 90% and TDIU vet but the VA does not look at it that way.  I once knew a chief of prosthetics at a VA hospital that was 100% and receiving a VA paycheck.  

Sorry BUCK52, I missed that that was you.

Edited by vetquest

• HadIt.com Elder

Vetquest that's ok buddy

I Know they throw the IU at these young guys 28-39 years old with rating them the 90% and not the 100% for this reason...in my opinion a S.C. 90% veteran IS JUST AS DISABLED AS A 100% VET but for some reason they won't to pitch in that other 10% for the scheduler 100%  even though they may can do some type of work...looks like to me if their able to do some thing that would be good for them  get them out of the house or keep them busy being productive.

Just don't seem fair or make any sense to do this to Veterans.

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

Buck,

I have researched this.  The only thing I can find is that veterans on 100% P&T for mental disorders could jeopardize their rating by working since this is based on total occupational impairment.  Veterans like me with 100% P&T could jeopardize their SMC K since it is determined that I am totally disabled from work to a condition less than 100%.

That is all I can find, somewhere it is written but I cannot find it.