VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Back 2 Steps in Claims Process

Rate this question

Super Sport

Question

Hey brother & sisters, 

I am grateful for these types of forums. I have been monitoring my ebennes claim status, and have read a few forum posts here. My claim status we from Preparation of Notification backward 2 steps to Preparation for Decision. I NEVER did see a step labeled Pending Decision Approval. Is it common to see Preparation for Notification and not to see the Pending approval part?  VA claims seem to have increased in speed over the last 5 or so years, but I have not seen the crazy movement as I have on this claim. 

Could this be any sort of sign....I am currently at 90% and am making the push for 100% for the first time. Could there be any correlation there. Are there extra approvals or anything else that I may not have witnessed in the past?

Thanks,

Mike SS

Ebenefits is a hard website to predict and interpret sometimes.  It is not always reliable.  Hopefully your claim will finish soon and you should see a Big Brown Envelope.

15 hours ago, Super Sport said:

Could this be any sort of sign.

@vetquest  is right and trying to read a sign in the statuses of Ebennies is a sure way to drive yourself crazy. Among my many problems I tend to be compulsive about information and statuses that I "feel" (with no more basis than I feel it) should be simple and straight forward. When things like ebennies bounces around and changes erratically I go a little bonkers. Do yourself a favor and don't be like me. LOL

Just breathe.

I know that may not help, but please just breathe.

I am obsessive so I have to revisit this topic.  I thought that things were in the home stretch regarding my claim. It went from Preparation for Notification to Preparation for  Decision, then back to Pending Decision Approval, back to Preparation for decision. This bouncing around has been driving me CRAZY.  Soooo, I called the VA 1-800 number. The guy I spoke with told me that a decision has been made. 

So my new question, to you guys, if you have any experience with this type of situation is is it more likely than not that a positive rating was decision was made and the VA is simply trying to get everything straight?  One of my claims is a re-look from a rejected claim (now with plenty of verifiable evidence that there was history) from 1999.  Could they be re-looking at the calculations and how that would have impacted the 1999 claim?

Thanks guys!  

1 hour ago, Super Sport said:

I am obsessive so I have to revisit this topic.

I think it safe to say, we are all sorry to hear that, but most of us have been there too.

1 hour ago, Super Sport said:

f you have any experience with this type of situation is is it more likely than not that a positive rating was decision was made and the VA is simply trying to get everything straight? 

anything anyone opines on this question would only be their individual experience, there is no metric tracking that situation. It may be more accurate is the VA is not sharing any metric on that issue.

I know you don't want to hear this, but honestly until the BBE gets there, your only option is to wait. If you are obsessive, fine, at least when you check Ebennies or Vets.gov make sure you check your letters.

IF you don't have a commissary letter, getting 100% gives you one. If you are IU you will have on but it will show your next exam date unless you are P&T,  Your AB8 will say you are 100%.  If you are IU and getting paid at 100% it will say something like "You are getting paid at the 100% rate because you are unemployable," while the schedular 100% vet does not have that line on theirs.

your next likely indicator of success will be any money you get in your account as  backpay. that is likely to show up before the BBE.

If it was me and I was near the VARO I would contact the records office and set an appointment get your C&P and other results. The VA website has excel files with all the Records Offices and their contact information.

good luck, I 'm rooting for ya.

There is no guessing on what the VA has decided.  Please relax and wait for the BBE.  You have waited this long and I know you want to know but the VA works on their own time.

@GeekySquid @vetquest

Guys thank you for your response, it is much appreciated.  I cannot explain the obsession, other than it being a side effect of PTSD.....  My obsession told me that I needed to check eBenefits one more time  before heading to bed.  The RESULTS are in....I am now rated 100%!!!!  I have no idea yet if that means that I am P&T or if they will just label me as schedular for the time being. That I can wait on the letter for.

Your support is appreciated!