Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Noticed my SSDI increase begins In Dec

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

As far as the VA COLA raise is concerned my letter generated doesn’t say any change. If it’s effective and paid on the 1 of Dec wouldn’t it change or do I wait until later in the month of Dec. think I read it won’t be effective until the 31 of Dec.? 

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

VA Cola will be on the Dec 31st payment, the SSDI payment will show on the Jan payment date.

Do yourself a favor.....buy some gold and silver! The printing presses are in overdrive.

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 8:32 PM, jfrei said:

That’s why I was trying to check the VA payment because my SSDI increase is being paid on Dec 19...

Greetings,

I think you may find out that you are mistaken.  Your December 19 payment is actually for 1-30 November.  SSA puts out your new payment amount on 1 December.  Looks like you are on the same pay cycle as me so the first check we will receive for the 2.8% COLA increase will be paid 16 January 2019. That is for 1-31 December.  Unless you received an increase for something else... but it isn't COLA.

SSDI, FERS DR, and VA Comp doesn't get paid until it is earned.  Like a paycheck.  I hope this helps explain and not confuse.

S/

K

4 hours ago, kevlarsamurai said:

Greetings,

I think you may find out that you are mistaken.  Your December 19 payment is actually for 1-30 November.  SSA puts out your new payment amount on 1 December.  Looks like you are on the same pay cycle as me so the first check we will receive for the 2.8% COLA increase will be paid 16 January 2019. That is for 1-31 December.  Unless you received an increase for something else... but it isn't COLA.

SSDI, FERS DR, and VA Comp doesn't get paid until it is earned.  Like a paycheck.  I hope this helps explain and not confuse.

S/

K

Not sure what it is because I can see my future payment is 60 more then usual in December in my ssa.gov login and also my VA increase for Cola has gone through now shows new amount on letter generator on ebenefits effective Dec 1 first Payment Jan 1 for VA

Edited by jfrei