Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Exam request - processing (no longer needed)

Rate this question

Pfcaja

Question

Any body have any clue as to what the internal language between the VA and ebenefits mean ....I’ve read that “exam request” signals to a rater that they need to look over a claim to see if it needs an exam any truth to this? I’m totally lost with my claim for some odd reason they sent a initial MH DBQ that was done by a private LCSW to a contractor for a doctor to make an opinion, after it came back to the VA of course past the due date the “exam request- processing” popped up in the needed from you section but it also said no longer needed 

3 answers to this question

3 hours ago, broncovet said:

I dont think VA employees "communicate with" ebenefits.  They certainly dont rely upon it and you should not either.  

I find it fruitless to try to second guess an unreliable ebenefits.  

I guess the word “communicates” would not be an accurate term..let me restate it as “when ebenefits interprets an update from VA and relays it as a request on ebenefits”. But your totally right ebenefits isn’t very reliable, n I bet everyone can admit to being stuck in that evil loop of checking it multiple times a day even when they try there hardest not to lol. But it does give a little window of understanding when u have a VSO that says nothing has changed just keep waiting every time I inquire information on my claim or tells me to call the 800# & their just as vague with there info..thanx for the input though I appreciate it 

Usually if you see an exam request it’s after they  Review your file and you are waiting a call to schedule one. But in this case  you had been to one already and awaiting it to register which can take up to ten days after the exam is submitted back to the rarer, and it will take at the least the minimum 10 days.But I would tell you to call the 1800 and see what the stall is, they’ll actually see and tell you if it just awaiting a signature for return tbut now you would have to wait to Monday. Sorry I didn’t answer sooner. But your close to an answer and if you want a better answer request a copy of your exam from where ever it was done at by going to the records of release at your local Va hospital or if you have a VsO or attorney he maybe able to snag a copy from the computer system...