Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Claim I didn't file

Rate this question

mclevela726

Question

Hello,
The VA is sending me to a C&P exam. Partially for a new claim that I did not file. When I went into eBenefits (I know it isn't completely accurate) it states that a new claim has been filed; as denoted by "(New)". The only problem is that I didn't open a new claim. Could the VA or a VA Doctor have opened this new claim?

Thanks.

Or, did you get a letter telling you to come to a C&P exam?

If not, it could be a paper C&P and you are not required to be there.  But I would definitely check that out.

I have, according to eBenifits, two C&P exams on Friday this week.  One a 730 and the other at 1230.  I did receive a letter in the mail saying I had a C&P exam on Friday for both times.  I also received 4 texts confirming the same times, etc. And a voice message today too.

However, the C&P examiner called me yesterday at around 8, but because I work nights and sleep until 2 in the afternoons, I didn't get the message until then, to call her back.  Which I did.

She stated that they had a cancellation and that I could have come at that time, but now too late, etc.

So, while I had her on the phone, I did ask why one at 730 and one at 1230, and she said that I would probably be done in the morning and that the afternoon one is for her to do her paperwork on my claim(s).

So, you should probably call and find out.

But, you could also look at your disabilities on eBenifits and check at the bottom as it will list your pending claims and what the claims are for.  So there is that.

Lastly, your C&P letter, if you got one, will have a phone number for the C&P scheduler, who will help you figure this out.

I have had three "paper" C&P's in the past where my attendance was not required.

All I got,

Hamslice

No, I did not receive a letter from the Regional Office notifying me of the C&P. The "New" claim is for something I am currently rated for. I am, however, experiencing additional nerve/level involvement to what I had been for years. For instance, I've had Radiculopathies for years now, but I started having stabbing pains down the leg in question (marked "New" claim) which I hadn't had before. 

As such, VA performed an MRI which, according to the Radiologist, correlated with my newly complained pains and of which were later affirmed by my Pain Clinic's Doctors. Could those Docs have filed a claim on my behalf?

I got the "New" claim info off eBenefits. Strangely, eBenefits is now showing that the request for the C&P Exam was closed 2 days before I received the call from QTC. Regardless, until VA themselves tell me the request has been closed, I am going to the exam!

Edited by mclevela726

VA health and VA benefits are two different systems and VA docs can't refer you to a c&p, you have to request one or VA benefits has to. That's how it was explained to me a few years ago (within the last 3). VA benefits can schedule a c and p for anything.