VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Who's behind the curtain ?

Rate this question

BlazeP

Question

I, like I’m sure a lot of other vets, had struggles with filing a claim, especially involving PTSD.

Even though I have not experienced direct combat, I've been in a very combative environment, which has affected me more than I realized until now writing down my experiences. I've learned partly through my therapy how much I've suppressed, and buried my trauma. I would minimize the impact on me, with comparisons of horrific tales of war and death. War and death can be literal, and it can be analogical to war within, and death of one's "self". 

It’s taken me decades to submit a VA disability claim after years of reluctance, due to pride, and not wanting to be labeled or shamed for not being "tough enough" to bear the burden of service to my country I took freely and with the same pride that has helped me endure the pain, struggle, limitations, depression, and inability to work or function as I wanted to in society.

It's only after years of struggle, near poverty, and numerous health problems that I'm finally listening to family, friends, doctors... who encouraged me to seek what I justly deserve, and break the stigma of being weak by asking for help. Now that I've turned 60, my chronic health problems stemming from my time in the Army has left me almost an invalid, and close to being on the streets.

I thought the stories I heard were exaggerated of complaints from fellow veterans of how difficult the VA Disability Benefit Program made it for them to go through, or the conspiracy theory that they purposely make it hard in the hopes if they drag it out long enough, by sheer attrition they’d win, and the veteran would die before ever receiving a dime in benefits. Just starting out on this emotional/stressful journey, makes me pause to think there maybe some validly to those experience.

The biggest road block is not being able to communicate in any form with the “medical board”, “review committee”, “man behind the current”…  who actually makes the decision. I’ve been working with ebenefits phone support, but as the one nice lady said, “I’m just a simple phone intake servant”. I was given a subtle threat in the form of multiple requests for more information. Yet, when I called ebenefits, they reviewed the docs. I uploaded and said, “You gave them the information they’re requesting, I will send an email to make sure they are able to review it…” “You should receive a correspondence within 30 days…” Guess what?! Over six-weeks, and no contact. “If we do not receive the information we requested, we will make our decision based on the information we have…” Not only that, they were not specific about what information they needed!

What makes it even harder is some of the details I can’t prove, and pertains to a very hot political incident during the Carter Administration while I was in Korea, known as the Gwangju massacre/riots.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

The VA guards us from knowing "the man behind the curtain", perhaps because many Vets will be very mad about it.  

The good news is the man behind the curtain, even if he denies you wrongly, it wont stick if you are persistent enough.  The key is to have all 3 Caluza elements, AND, keep going until you win.  

Caluza:

1.  Current diagnosis

2 .  In service event or aggravation.

3.  Nexus or doc statement that your diagnosis is at least as likely as not due to your event in service. 

To Hadit administer:   Please explain why I’m only allowed one message per day”?!  What is the logic behind that? I received multiple replies to my post, yet I can only reply to one per day??? 

to all others who I'd love to reply to directly.... I can't!!!!  

• HadIt.com Elder

What do you mean here? do you mean Your only getting to do one PM A DAY? Private message? or do you mean only one post per day?

you should be able to post as many post as you want  and also Private messages as you want.

make sure your in the correct forums when you post   correct forums would be the subject you post about.

PM are up at the top of the page  hoover your cursor over the little envelop. clink it will take you to private messages.  same with a post  just hoover you cursor arrow over the word ''create''

Maybe your not using the forums right or go to the wrong forum and if your doing that  9 x's out of 10  you won't find what you posted.

• Founder
7 hours ago, BlazeP said:

To Hadit administer:   Please explain why I’m only allowed one message per day”?!  What is the logic behind that? I received multiple replies to my post, yet I can only reply to one per day??? 

to all others who I'd love to reply to directly.... I can't!!!!  

All members go through this process the first 3 - 5 posts you post are reviewed by Admin?Moderator team. When you first sign up you have limited access till fully approved. You have reached 3 posts and I have upgraded your membership and the problems you were having should be resolved now.

We limit what new sign ups can do to catch spammers and trolls before they hit the board.

• HadIt.com Elder

It all boils down to medical evidence in your favor as for as the man behind the curtain...

if you apply for a claim with the VA it is the Veterans duty to present all medical records that will help substantiate his claim , the VA Does have the duty to assist in getting those records but some times they fail to do that  or they can't find them, usually the best way to get help with your claim when your denied is read the reasons and bases of the denial  and read your C-FILE for any favorable records to what your claiming.