VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Where is the $$$ ?

Rate this question

marina53

Question

My husband's CUE was approved by the BVA in August. The letter from them stated we would be hearing from the VARO within one to two months.  It has now been 4 1/2 months and nothing, no letter, no money. His attorney is filing a court order so that we can be paid and said that this is happening more and more frequently.  BVA approves CUE and then nothing happens.  Has anyone else experienced this? We were so thrilled that the CUE was actually approved after so many years of waiting, but now we are at an impasse once again. How long does it take to get paid????

• HadIt.com Elder

After 15 days of your decision  call thew 1-800#  and call your VA Reginol Office ASAP.

also check the status on e benefit's 

Larger Retro Amounts take longer to be approved for waiting officer 3rd signature.

https://www.va.gov/disability/about-disability-ratings/after-you-get-a-rating/

Note: when you do get your retro check...check the dates carefully make sure your paid for these 4 1/2 months  ...don't let them beat you out of one  penny!!!

If we own (VA) then you can bet your boots they get every penny back.

Edited by Buck52

They are holding back too many retros Buck-

The BVA is working faster than the ROS BUT this is a problem for many here-

I used to say complain via IRIS- now my advise is to call the White House Hot Line.

Marina, that is great that you won the CUE!

If more vets start complaining to the WH Hot Line, maybe something will be done about this- heck I used to get the $$$ before the award letter came.Many of us did.

White House Hot Line 1-855-948-2311

." His attorney is filing a court order so that we can be paid and said that this is happening more and more frequently. "

GREAT! It is probably a Mandamus Writ and will appear on the US CAVC site as soon as they decide it.

(It would be great if it was a Class Action writ  !!!!! for ALL adversely affected.)

The most recent writ of mandamus was decided in about a month- my PC is acting up because of the storm ( we expect 2 feet of snow)this might not post

It is Pequignot V Wilkie- the claimant however asked writ be dimissed because his RO did send him what he had asked for http://m.uscourts.cavc.gov/RecentDecisions.php

(18-6725)

By filing a mandamus writ and by sending a copy of it to your VARO-it sure  might get some thumbs out of the RO butts,.

Long ago I filed a mandamus writ and the court (COVA I think then) denied because I had not exhausted all avenues of appeals- true- but how do you exhaust all avenues of appeals  when your RO cannot read?

I did send copy of the writ to my RO and within a few months they awarded.

Edited by Berta

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree with you Ms berta...

I know when I got my retro 17 years ago it had been in the bank for 2 weeks and we didn't know, we were still eating Bologna Sandwiches.

Congrats on the win, and sorry to hear of your growing headache. I helped 2 Vietnam vets get 700k and 279k and it took about 6 months for both of them to get all their money. The VA had to do a Financial Audit on themselves to verify Accuracy. Just try to hang in there, the War is won, just wait for the Battles to go thru. Good luck and God Bless

22 hours ago, Buck52 said:

After 15 days of your decision  call thew 1-800#  and call your VA Reginol Office ASAP.

also check the status on e benefit's 

Larger Retro Amounts take longer to be approved for waiting officer 3rd signature.

https://www.va.gov/disability/about-disability-ratings/after-you-get-a-rating/

Note: when you do get your retro check...check the dates carefully make sure your paid for these 2 1/2 months  ...don't let them beat you out of one  penny!!!

If we own (VA) then you can bet your boots they get every penny back.