Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P Exam 2nd

Rate this question

indianstryker

Question

I just received a call today from VES in Houston scheduling some exams. I moved my appeal over to the RAMP program. I am just curious why they would not use the exam data that they have on file from my initial visit. Why would they need me to come back for a second visit. I was denied previously, not because the issues did not exist, but because they said that they were not service connected. I submitted a Nexus letter from a physician stating that the conditions were most definitely caused from my time in service to be put in the appeal record. I am just curious what y'alls thoughts are on them scheduling this second exam?

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

I do not know why they have scheduled you for a second exam.  They should not be trying to find you not service connected after you provide a physicians letter showing a nexus.  In my understanding they cannot provide negative evidence to refute another physician's decision.  In a situation where there is positive and negative evidence the tie is supposed to go to the veteran's favor.  My advice is to go to the C&P exam and be of the attitude that the doctor is there to help you and be very cooperative.  Sometimes this is not the case but we never want to miss a C&P and we always hope for the best.  I would be sure to bring the nexus letter from your physician to the exam and any other pertinent evidence.  I have found that the doctors appreciate this generally.  I have had some real jerks for C&P examiners but I always try to be helpful and considerate.

The VA is well-known to cherry pick the unfavorable evidence, completely ignore the favorable evidence, and render a claims denial based upon the unfavorable evidence only.

You have to fight for your benefits.

I'd advise an attorney because things WILL get complicated with the VA.

• HadIt.com Elder

The main thing is to file your NOD on time.  You have time to think over your strategy after than and you must file the NOD before you can get a lawyer if that rule is still in force. If you can win your claim at the VARO you are better off and much quicker.

Once a claim is denied, a veteran is entitled to have legal representation to prosecute an appeal.

I have had attorneys file Notice of Disagreement for me once I have a contract with them for legal representation