VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Internal higher review

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

request a Higher-Level Review

Has anyone went through this process I know it’s really new? Reminds me of a DRO review not sure if this is beneficial or another waste of time to scare you away from the BVA

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

HLR is one of the RAMP options.  I elected the SCL for reasons I have described:  You dont really know what evidence VA has..even if you got a copy of your cfile last week, its still obsolete because VA can lose your evidence and there is more added all the time, especially each time you go to the doc.  

Therefore, I dont recommend you opt for HLR UNLESS you can see your file on VBMS and know VA has all your evidence.  

HLR, yes, is similar to DRO, BUT, you could submit new evidence with a DRO review.  Therefore, the DRO is more similar to SCL.  You cant submit new evidence with HLR.  

It’s so dumb they have two 21-2680 submitted from two of my primary doctors and they also sent me to a aid and attendance C&P last August. Maybe I really don’t qualify but when I read the regs i think I qualify for L...although it may have hurt me when my doctor put I can prepare my own cold meals just not hot meals as I can’t be trusted to turn off the stove the fact i can prepare cold meals was one of the  reasons my denial for the caregiver program..I’m sure the rater day that was like well no l then