VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Granted 100% increase in lieu of TDIU

Rate this topic

Hey vets so My wife applied back in October 2018 for TDIU She was originally awarded 90% VA and 50% DOD before getting discharged from military .. She completed IU C&P exams back in Feb 2019 we checked ebenefits today and Noticed she’d been increased to 100% SC MDD P&T ... and an extra special “S” compensation benefit ...my question is how long until she receives back pay?... her effective date is October 8, 2018 to be exact and does she receive back pay in the amount of 100% plus the extra special pay times October 2018 to today March 5, 2019 when her case was completed and closed ?

• Lead Moderator

So it will take whatever time they feel like getting to it.  Could be next month could be 16 to 29 months. There are a ton of possibilities  make sure your banking information is correct and check back less often as it will drive you crazy. They will back pay all the months so it could be a large sum. 

Congratulations!  Here is how to precisely calculate the time it takes for your retro to arrive:

1.  Take your birthday, multiply that times the number of hours you post on hadit each day.  

2.  Then divide that by the date of your first hadit post.  

3.  Then disregard all the above, throw a dartboard at a calendar and see where it lands.  You can assure that will not be correct.  Repeat this, until you get the correct date.    How will you know when the correct date is?  Wait for the envelope.  

Edited by broncovet

I called va and was told that the payment has been scheduled but not sent out yet not sure what that means VA lingo wise and to wait around getting the official letter in the mail .. just wanted insight from those that may have been through the same process as going through and increase and how the back pay works

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use