Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA Disability Claim Decision Rating Calculation

Rate this question

RBrogen

Question

Does anyone know if you can request that the VA provide you with the actual calculation they did to arrive at their final combined rating?  Something like this:

10% Left Knee Condition

rackamall.jpg

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

1 minute ago, broncovet said:

There may be "overlap" of symptoms between the arthritis and meniscal tear.  

Example:  Pain in your knee.  This could be caused by either, or both.  Maybe for loss of ROM, also.  

Pyramiding prevents you from being paid for the same symptoms twice.  In other words, if you are getting paid for "pain"in your knee from arthritis, you probably wont get paid again for pain in the knee from meniscal tear.  

You see this with mental health disorders a lot.  You could have multiple diagnosis..PTSD, depresstion, bipolar, schizo, etc.  

HOwever you will only get compensated for "1" set of symptoms, even if they are caused both from depression and bipolar, for example.  

Go ahead and appeal, but I would not be suprised if pyramiding prevents you from getting paid for both.  

I'm not actually asking about pyramiding ... the claim for my knee should be 20% because of the meniscus not in addition too ... I wasn't sure originally if the VA would rate in addition to arthritis but only want the correct rating and to understand how/why the rating was given or not whichever is the case.

rackamall.jpg