VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA Disability Claim Decision Rating Calculation

Rate this question

RBrogen

Question

Does anyone know if you can request that the VA provide you with the actual calculation they did to arrive at their final combined rating?  Something like this:

10% Left Knee Condition

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Not exactly.  You can look up the criteria for your condition's in the 38 CFR's.  Then, you can compare your rating with the rating calculator on hadit to see if you "combine" them like VA math does.  These people would flunk math the way they do it.  If you dispute the decision, file a NOD..within a year.  

AFTER you get to the BVA, you can get a copy of the RBA.  Then you can see the rating sheet.  Talk about "due process" that's it.  

Edited by broncovet

I use eBenefits all the time to see my over all percentage. The only problem it does not show which disabilities are considered bi-lateral where you get an extra 10% for each of those ratings. Flat feet will get you an extra 10% or left and right knee will also get you an extra 10%. I have 4 - 20% and 3 10% disabilities which are bi-lateral and I gain an extra 7% to the disability ratings.

1 minute ago, paulstrgn said:

I use eBenefits all the time to see my over all percentage. The only problem it does not show which disabilities are considered bi-lateral where you get an extra 10% for each of those ratings. Flat feet will get you an extra 10% or left and right knee will also get you an extra 10%. I have 4 - 20% and 3 10% disabilities which are bi-lateral and I gain an extra 7% to the disability ratings.

Hey Paul ... I use eBenefits all the time as well and am very familiar with the "VA Math".  I wish they did annotate which conditions were considered as bilateral in nature specifically.  I was just curious was there some way to actually get the VA to provide the breakdown of the exact calculation they used to arrive at the final combined rating percentage.  Without know exactly how they arrived at the calculation they arrived at, there's no way to double check and make sure you are getting an accurate rating.

• HadIt.com Elder

I think he means  

How does the VA come up with a %  of the disability its self?

not the calculation of the disability...as we all know is what our conditions is rating at or suppose to be rating at  from the rating CRITERIA schedule Sheet/Manual for our S.C.disability

Like bilateral combined ratings there's is a rating formula  for them  as they are a rating formula  criteria for them to decide how to rate our S.C. Disability

this is not in e-benefits

All I know is I look at my S.C. disability and look at the  criteria rating scheduled for that disability and the severity of that disability to make sure I'm not getting low-balled  or the wrong rating.

3 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

I think he means  

How does the VA come up with a %  of the disability its self?

not the calculation of the disability...as we all know is what our conditions is rating at or suppose to be rating at  from the rating CRITERIA schedule Sheet/Manual for our S.C.disability

Like bilateral combined ratings there's is a rating formula  for them  as they are a rating formula  criteria for them to decide how to rate our S.C. Disability

this is not in e-benefits

All I know is I look at my S.C. disability and look at the  criteria rating scheduled for that disability and the severity of that disability to make sure I'm not getting low-balled  or the wrong rating.

I am actually aware of what goes into the VA individual condition rating ... what I was/am looking for is to see if the va would provide the actual breakdown like my original post shows so that it shows exactly how they achieved the final combined rating, not the individual condition ratings.