Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got some movement but

Rate this question

ShrekTheTank

Question

• Adminstrator

The only thing I can think of the request below is for my PTSD records and the vet center, because the VA could not help me.  This was on the Remand also.  I hate when they combine things and give very little information.  For the request below I already submitted this back in june when the remand came out.  also it is not on the conditions they have now added below.  I am assuming I should submit it here again?

current request

Request 1

Due Date: 04/24/2019 Status: Needed

On your application, you indicated that you received treatment from <provdr_nm of no 4142>.

Complete and return the enclosed VA Form 21-4142, Authorization to Disclose Information and VA Form 21-4142a, General Release for Medical Provider Information, so that we can obtain treatment records on your behalf. You may want to obtain and send us the records yourself, if possible.

Please complete both of the attached forms in order for us to assist with obtaining your records.

Next:

tension headaches (Increase), sleep apnea (related to: PTSD - Combat) (Reopen), Dercum Disease (Lipomatosis Dolorosa) for exam purposes only/per deferral (Increase), fibromyalgia (for exam purposes only) (Increase)

They just added the Dercum's and the fybro to my open claim.  I am assuming the Dercum's is for the remand from the bva.  The fybro is for the headaches, which I now have a Migraine DBQ with LHI (I did one of these in January).

Edited by shrekthetank1

5 answers to this question

Download and send in multiple  signed and filled out 21-4142.  You wont get benefits until/unless you do.  Send a seperate form for both VA, and  EACH civilian  doctor or applicable hospital, where their evidence may substantiate your claim.    (If a doc in in a medical group of 4 doctors, then send one for the whole group.)

Vets get denied if they dont send in the required release forms.  They can not compel you to fill out and send in each form, but they deny you if you dont.  You have "abandonded" your claim if VA asks for information and you do not sign a release for them to get it.  

I do not know which doc, which claim, but you simply have to send them the filled in and signed forms for all of them.  We dont have to understand it, we simply have to comply.  

Edited by broncovet

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes it is , they want to know where you been getting treatment  private or VA?

if  VA you can check with Myhealthvet notes and copy any treatment notes that is beneficial to your claim   hi-lite the parts you want them to read.

Any VA Doc's from MH Clinic  and  L.C.S.W.  Therapist  is good evidence to submit if favorable on your part. 

Also add the medication they prescribe you for PTSD and any sleep disturbance the med's may have caused you and you were prescribe a C-PAP....If not then don't mention the latter

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!