• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• In Memoriam

Josephine,

My IMO was sent as a fax (electronic media). The fax had a Cover Page (Letter). Inadvertently, the Cover Page, with the date, phone number, time, and person sending was removed. The VA received the IMO/IME fax, not telling me about the date. The SOC, said that there was no date etc. on the IMO/IME. VA rejected all three documents. I re-sent the documents in orginal form. Now the VA is accepting the documents.

In other words although the other 2 IMO's had dates from 2003 and 2004, the new IMO/IME (2005 with VA language) was shot down because of the missing date. All three were from the same Doctor.

I am sorry if I confused you. A fax cover sheet is just a method of identification listing the name, date, time, address of sender, phone number, amount of pages being sent, to and from sender, as well as an explaination of the materials provided.

• HadIt.com Elder
Josephine,

My IMO was sent as a fax (electronic media). The fax had a Cover Page (Letter). Inadvertently, the Cover Page, with the date, phone number, time, and person sending was removed. The VA received the IMO/IME fax, not telling me about the date. The SOC, said that there was no date etc. on the IMO/IME. VA rejected all three documents. I re-sent the documents in orginal form. Now the VA is accepting the documents.

In other words although the other 2 IMO's had dates from 2003 and 2004, the new IMO/IME (2005 with VA language) was shot down because of the missing date. All three were from the same Doctor.

I am sorry if I confused you. A fax cover sheet is just a method of identification listing the name, date, time, address of sender, phone number, amount of pages being sent, to and from sender, as well as an explaination of the materials provided.

Thanks, Stretch,

I got it.

Have a good one!

Josephine

• HadIt.com Elder
I think I would use the Statement in Support of Claim as a cover.

Thanks John999.

I can't mess this one up.

Have a good one!

I am going to cover all bases.

Josephine

Josephine I am not sure I know the answer to your question but I am filing a claim tomorrow for hearing and attached is what I am sending with mine.

I was in the Army from 1962 through 1965. My MOS was a rifleman for one year and a machine gunner for two years. I probably shot 1000+ ammo boxes of 30-caliber machine gun shells. My ears have been ringing since I became a machine gunner. My left ear has never ceased to ring. I have spells of vertigo dating back to 1965 but I can’t prove it because only candies went to the dispensary from my outfit. My family doctor from 1966 to 1980 died and we cannot get his records but I do have records from 1980 to date that describes hearing loss, vertigo, Meniere’s Disease, and all of these symptoms severe since 1985. I am presently being treated at the VA Hospital for all of the above.

At the present time I stagger, I can’t ride elevators, I can’t fly, and I can’t ride in an automobile unless I am driving and then there can’t be any curvy roads. My left ear rings constantly, I can hardly understand anything that most people say and I get sick looking at wall paper with various colors and even shadows from trees across the highway while driving. When I turn over in bed, at times I get sick. If I am startled and have to turn my head to the left or to the right quickly, I will fall in that direction. If I look up, I fall backwards. However, I can look down. I can hardly watch sports on TV because of the movements of the players in so many directions at one time plus the colors of the uniforms make me sick. I can go on but I think you get the point. My best time is sitting straight up in a straight back chair.

Sincerely,

The following is a list of the evidence I am sending with my claim:

1. Separation examination hearing test

2. Letter creating nexus from hearing damage in military to date from MA--- dated 12/22/06..

3. Hearing graph from VA Hospital dated 5/10/05.

4. Hearing graph from Dr. dated 8/25/04.

5. Hearing graph from Audiologist dated 8/27/01.

6. Hearing graph from Audiologist dated 7/12/02.

7. Hearing graph from Audiologist dated 1/1/01.

8. Hearing graph from Dr. dated 9/23/92.

9. Military records dated May 1963.

10. Military records dated September 1963.

11. Military records dated August 20, 1963.

12. Reports from Dr. dated May 13, 1980.

13. Reports from Dr. dated May 19, 1981

14. Reports from Dr. dated September 29, 1988.

15. Reports from Dr. dated September 9, 1993.

16. Reports from Dr. dated March 24, 1995.

17. CT scan dated 9/9/04

18. MRI dated 11/20/04.

19. VA Hospital – 11/2/05

20. VA Hospital – 5/10/05

21. VA Hospital – 10/27/05

22. VA Hospital – 2/15/06

23. VA Hospital – 4/10/06

24. VA Hospital – 6/30/06

25. VA Hospital – 9/13/02

• HadIt.com Elder
Josephine I am not sure I know the answer to your question but I am filing a claim tomorrow for hearing and attached is what I am sending with mine.

I was in the Army from 1962 through 1965. My MOS was a rifleman for one year and a machine gunner for two years. I probably shot 1000+ ammo boxes of 30-caliber machine gun shells. My ears have been ringing since I became a machine gunner. My left ear has never ceased to ring. I have spells of vertigo dating back to 1965 but I can’t prove it because only candies went to the dispensary from my outfit. My family doctor from 1966 to 1980 died and we cannot get his records but I do have records from 1980 to date that describes hearing loss, vertigo, Meniere’s Disease, and all of these symptoms severe since 1985. I am presently being treated at the VA Hospital for all of the above.

At the present time I stagger, I can’t ride elevators, I can’t fly, and I can’t ride in an automobile unless I am driving and then there can’t be any curvy roads. My left ear rings constantly, I can hardly understand anything that most people say and I get sick looking at wall paper with various colors and even shadows from trees across the highway while driving. When I turn over in bed, at times I get sick. If I am startled and have to turn my head to the left or to the right quickly, I will fall in that direction. If I look up, I fall backwards. However, I can look down. I can hardly watch sports on TV because of the movements of the players in so many directions at one time plus the colors of the uniforms make me sick. I can go on but I think you get the point. My best time is sitting straight up in a straight back chair.

Sincerely,

The following is a list of the evidence I am sending with my claim:

1. Separation examination hearing test

2. Letter creating nexus from hearing damage in military to date from MA--- dated 12/22/06..

3. Hearing graph from VA Hospital dated 5/10/05.

4. Hearing graph from Dr. dated 8/25/04.

5. Hearing graph from Audiologist dated 8/27/01.

6. Hearing graph from Audiologist dated 7/12/02.

7. Hearing graph from Audiologist dated 1/1/01.

8. Hearing graph from Dr. dated 9/23/92.

9. Military records dated May 1963.

10. Military records dated September 1963.

11. Military records dated August 20, 1963.

12. Reports from Dr. dated May 13, 1980.

13. Reports from Dr. dated May 19, 1981

14. Reports from Dr. dated September 29, 1988.

15. Reports from Dr. dated September 9, 1993.

16. Reports from Dr. dated March 24, 1995.

17. CT scan dated 9/9/04

18. MRI dated 11/20/04.

19. VA Hospital – 11/2/05

20. VA Hospital – 5/10/05

21. VA Hospital – 10/27/05

22. VA Hospital – 2/15/06

23. VA Hospital – 4/10/06

24. VA Hospital – 6/30/06

25. VA Hospital – 9/13/02

kkp,

We sure have a lot in common. We both have or had claims in good old Hungtinton. What a hoot!

I got lucky and made it to the BVA. For me that was luck, for I couldn't get them to give the no, that I knew that they were going to give me.

Can I ever relate to your illness.

I realize that yours is from the loud nosie, and mine came to me from a harmless sinus infection, but I can't walk a straight line either. I live in Virginia, but my claim was in West Virgina. I came through those tunnels one time and almost didn't make it back home. No more of that for me. I didn't note any medication for the syndrome. No Antivert or Meclizine and if you take it, need to write down any side effects if any. It sure puts me in a stupor. I can't take the needed dose, due to the side effects. I just wanted to make sure that you listed it/ side effects.

You really need to call Mr. Lischon at his private line. The lady at the desk, got so angry with my calling, she became so angry, that she gave it to me. He will tell you more about your claim than anyone that I know. Here it is in case, you didn't spot it on the other site. 304-399- 9271.

I sure appreciate your answering and hope you have much success with your claim. By the way, it took them 13 months to give me that no.

Always,

Josephine