VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Intent to File from 2018 ED decision

Rate this question

GeekySquid

Question

Another question about the AMA process.

In 2018 I filed for SMC for ED. I was awarded 0% but SMC allowed. yippee.

At that time the Award letter said I had a potential claim for Voiding Dysfunction if I choose to file for it.

Since my other claims were tied up on the VA hamster wheel, I filed an Intent to File.

AS I understand it since Feb 19 that Intent to File is gone? and my earlier date is done, meaning when I file for the Voiding Dysfunction my file date will be the earliest possible under the new AMA process?

Is there a way around this to get an EED back to 2018?

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

25 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

but I am not so sure I understand what you me ''voiding dysfunction ''??

@Buck52

Voiding Dysfunction is a distinct claim under the Genitourinary standards in 38 USC 4.115

Voiding dysfunction:  
Rate particular condition as urine leakage, frequency, or obstructed voiding  
Continual Urine Leakage, Post Surgical Urinary Diversion, Urinary Incontinence, or Stress Incontinence:  
Requiring the use of an appliance or the wearing of absorbent materials which must be changed more than 4 times per day 60
Requiring the wearing of absorbent materials which must be changed 2 to 4 times per day 40
Requiring the wearing of absorbent materials which must be changed less than 2 times per day 20

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/38/4.115a

It can be stand alone or secondary to ED or many other conditions and Primary if there are distinct injuries to the bladder, penis, testicles, etc.

The same criteria that SC's ED to PTSD links Voiding Dysfunction as secondary as I understand it. So the shortest path for me is as a secondary claim to a condition already granted SC.

It essentially means someone "leaks" or "retains" urine and needs some type of appliance or aid (pads, depends, adult diapers, catheter, etc) to not do that.

Anyone with prostate problems like BPH or Prostatitis even prostate cancer, can apply for Voiding Dysfunction.

Here is the DBQ for it.

https://www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/VBA-21-0960J-4-ARE.pdf