VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

HELPED A PERSON OUT TODAY

Rate this question

Proudvet

Question

This post is from a veteran on Facebook looking for assistance. I mentioned to them to look at this website www.hadit.com as it has helped me with my claims process. Hopefully she will get the same much information from here as I did and be successful having her claims approved. Here is what was answered to this person from other responders.QUESTION: A Friend of mine is presently taking care of her sister....let's call her Susan. Susan served 22 years active duty and was honorably discharged after having complications focusing on her job. Years later after being out the military the VA diagnosed her with Frontotemporal Dementia. The VA also says it's not service connected. Susan is getting more child-like in her mannerism. And she is totally dependent on her sister. Susan was once an active thriving loveable Sergeant in the Army. Susan has kids and still owns a house and a vehicle but cannot live by herself nor drive. Her sister wants to know how she can prove that this diagnosis is indeed service connected if she never went to sick call for it.I am so sorry to hear that. Sadly, there isn't much VA can do without something being on the records. You have to prove the service-connection.

Hide or report this

• Kobie Babatu
    Kobie Babatu She has to establish a chronology of symptoms and medical documentation dating back to active duty, or immeadiately after separation...
    Where she saw drs about her medical condition...
    If this can be shown then VETERANS BOARD OF APPEALS OR VETERANS COU
    RT OF APPEALS WILL PROBABLY RULE IN HER FAVOR THAT HER CONDITION IS MORE LIKELY THAN NOT CAUSED BY HER MILITARY SERVICE, OR AT THE LEAST IT IS SECONDARY CONDITION MADE WORSE OR CAUSED BY HER MILITARY SERVICE...
    You may need to hire a lawyer to help gather and properly present the medical evidence to The VA...
    She needs to file a claim through www.ebenifits.va.gov first. Then after they contact her she will see a neurologist to confirm disability. Once confirmed rayer will give her rating. Once rated she needs to file for SSDI www.ssi.gov. Attend Dr. Evaluation appointment. I have memory loss/TBI service Connected. Takes from start to finish one year. Application for SSDI my wife did as it's very lengthy and difficult to fill out. I wish you the best of luck.
    Edit or delete this

1 answer to this question

2 hours ago, Proudvet said:

I mentioned to them to look at this website www.hadit.com as it has helped me with my claims process.

@Proudvet

that is a good thing to do. hope she comes here. There is a lot missing in the description of her problem but maybe if she comes here it can be fleshed out and valuable suggestions offered.

BTW I notices you are in LA, and I assume you mean Louisiana. I moved out of NOLA about a year ago. what parish are you in?