Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Weird Issues Status on Appeal

Rate this question

infernoskream

Question

Hello Everyone!

I had a weird question. I did an appeal for a secondary condition. Va.gov or vets.gov says that the case has been closed with no decision information.

However, when I click on the issues tab next to the appeals it says "In Review: Compensation Issue." What does that mean? The VA won't tell me and I'm assuming I'm going to just have to wait on the BBE. I've never seen that type of issue before. I wasn't sure if it meant that the appeal was granted and they were calculating compensation or what. Any light that could be shined on this would be helpful. Thanks, everyone!

Edited by infernoskream
misspelling

On 9/2/2019 at 8:11 PM, JoshBirch said:

I currently have the same status on my claim. The claim was completed but no information on the decision is available. Under the “issues” tab it did say Sleep Apnea, now it says “Compensation Issue”. I’m curious as to what you e found out since you first posted this. I’ve checked ebenefits and tried to generate a benefits letter, both of which have my old info and percentage. I’m thinking it was denied because of this but I can’t be sure yet.

I had seve condition s listed in the issues box all . say the same . but case closed 

On 5/11/2020 at 2:30 PM, MMcGinnis88 said:

I was just wondering if you found what the "compensation issue" means? I had the same thing happen with my supplemental claim but the VA wont give me any feedback until I receive my letter in the mail.

Hi, have you found put what “issues” means? I’m experiencing the same fate on my Supplemental Appeal? Thank you, Kira 

GODIsGood, it seems the primary issue based on what you posted is symptomolgy.

The regional office has to know how the injury limits you daily.

Whether by ROM, pain, functional ability, etc.

Go back to to the doctor and have him/her document the limitations.

Each disability has a rating criteria and that criteria has to be met for compensation purposes.

NEVER GIVE UP...........

🤠